reaper link please

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
I need to install it, but I got the 64 bit, I need 32 bit installer.

While you're at it, any other free DAWS would be appreciated

Renoise is free i think if you register to their website. It's a modern tracker based on what i started from, like Impulse Tracker (almost extinct now) or Modplug tracker (which you still can use because it's windows based).

It's cool, though the approach is a bit different. Old trackers don't support VST instruments but renoise does which is cool. I've never tried it however, so I will not be held accountable for... anything.

Reaper is like Ejay a bit :( Little limiting so far. I barely now how to use it. Maybe it will be ok to use.

Looks like FL owns all

Reaper is like Ejay a bit :( Little limiting so far. I barely now how to use it. Maybe it will be ok to use.

Comparing anything to Ejay is a serious insult son.

I found reaper to be very flexible in fact, not limiting at all. It has 3 great features IMO: the channel grouping matrix and the fact that you can modulate any parameter with any other. Just think of the possibilities with just soft synths! ooh man i'm gonna cum all over the comp here if i keep thinking of it. The third thing is that its free. The only thing that's limiting in it is the midi editor, or piano roll. Is. Utter. Shite. I'm yet to see a midi editor that can match frooty's workflow: Quick n easy, but very powerful if needed.

Fruity is a completely different matter though, it's an all inclusive package with the integrated sampler, native effects, easy midi control and such.

How exactly do you find it limiting?

Comparing anything to Ejay is a serious insult son.

I found reaper to be very flexible in fact, not limiting at all. It has 3 great features IMO: the channel grouping matrix and the fact that you can modulate any parameter with any other. Just think of the possibilities with just soft synths! ooh man i'm gonna cum all over the comp here if i keep thinking of it. The third thing is that its free. The only thing that's limiting in it is the midi editor, or piano roll. Is. Utter. Shite. I'm yet to see a midi editor that can match frooty's workflow: Quick n easy, but very powerful if needed.

Fruity is a completely different matter though, it's an all inclusive package with the integrated sampler, native effects, easy midi control and such.

How exactly do you find it limiting?

That Ejay insult was out of frustration of learning a new DAW. Only used a few Ejays, some unkown shitty one, and FL.

I barely know anything, I just don't like the midi bits.

Perhaps a tut to get me started?

ive used reaper for a while now, used to use it on linux aswell, it worked alot better on it but linux has a complete lack of compatible softsynths, could only get some vsts to work so came back to windows.

but now the uses for reaper with reason 4 and any of the Native Instruments softs is nothing short of amazing. in like the idea that u everything is within reason to create a tune, but add vsti's and some of the reaper afterfx, they really make bits shine.

ATM I'm creating dubstep tunes, recordings wav loops on battery and recyclin em into reason4 with extra redrum patterns, and rewiring it into reaper.
for all the synths and subs I'm patching a diff instance of massive (reaper allows you to open the same vsti as many times as u like with different patches open, other DAWs ive used only allow 4 or 5 instances of a vsti).

also i like th fact that you can just drop an audio wav into any channel and it drops it into the time line with no need to recycle / timesterch the audio.

I agree with Kama that the midi sequence editor, but then again i dont think you'd be using a daw and vsti's unless you use external midi keyboards and controllers with em? so getting around the editor problem is back to basics - re-record the midi.

one of the most versatile programs Ive used. I'm willing to admit there are plenty of programs that are capable of doin the same little things that make people fall in love with a particular program for them to use, and use well, but Reaper is by far the most advanced DAW / vst host that will rape you wallet, and your mind trying to figure it out.

Kudos to Cocko's for a brilliant product!

Reaper is pretty cool, but it's midi editing is not yet so mature. It's strength lie in handling audio and studio recording, and you can set up editing scripts and keyboard shortcuts to do pretty much everything.

It would be fair to remind you guys that Reaper is not actually free, it is an evaluation version that is not crippled in any way. They trust that if you like it, you'll hand over some cash eventually. This is an AWESOME way to do business, and they aren't asking for much.

ive used reaper for a while now, used to use it on linux aswell, it worked alot better on it but linux has a complete lack of compatible softsynths, could only get some vsts to work so came back to windows.

but now the uses for reaper with reason 4 and any of the Native Instruments softs is nothing short of amazing. in like the idea that u everything is within reason to create a tune, but add vsti's and some of the reaper afterfx, they really make bits shine.

ATM I'm creating dubstep tunes, recordings wav loops on battery and recyclin em into reason4 with extra redrum patterns, and rewiring it into reaper.
for all the synths and subs I'm patching a diff instance of massive (reaper allows you to open the same vsti as many times as u like with different patches open, other DAWs ive used only allow 4 or 5 instances of a vsti).
also i like th fact that you can just drop an audio wav into any channel and it drops it into the time line with no need to recycle / timesterch the audio.

I agree with Kama that the midi sequence editor, but then again i dont think you'd be using a daw and vsti's unless you use external midi keyboards and controllers with em? so getting around the editor problem is back to basics - re-record the midi.

one of the most versatile programs Ive used. I'm willing to admit there are plenty of programs that are capable of doin the same little things that make people fall in love with a particular program for them to use, and use well, but Reaper is by far the most advanced DAW / vst host that will rape you wallet, and your mind trying to figure it out.

Kudos to Cocko's for a brilliant product!

I dont think ive experiencrd a limit in fl studio 8 man? not with massive anyway, or do you mean bad CPU?

tbh fl 8 i dno about, havent opened that program since i installed it lol, waste of money :mad: i remember only being able to have 5 different instances of the same vst in the version i had before getting producers 8 ed. (think it was studio6). might have to have a tinker with it now. but tbh i havent been happier and aint got better results since ive been using reaper with Native Instruments (buy komplete, well worth the money!!) battery and massive and a few controllers!

shamefully ive even started to forget about reason since i got reaper on windows...
wait for it, you'll all burn me as a witch for this...

Back
Top Bottom