REAPA RECORDS UPDATE

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
Hi All

As of yesterday Jim Reapa has passed over the running of Reapa Records. He has lost his passion for dnb and the label and a hectic work life has taken priority as well as other commitments.

Ive always had a keen ear for talent and introduced Bad Ace Inc & GPK to Jim several years ago now. I already have a selection of artists that I feel would be an excellent addition to the Reapa Records roster and will be contacting them shortly.

My aim is to rejuvenate the label, resulting in regular, high-quality releases from artists all over the world. I will be looking to release our production product - Passive/Aggressive (which I co-founded last year) along with the talent already established on the label. I plan to hit the ground running with the label and will be lining up artists and tracks for the next releases very quickly, building up to an EP early 2009 hopefully.

I have a small team of dedicated people to help me with this massive task, who each have had experience in the industry.
Chesley Spicer (other co-founder of Passive/Aggressive) will be the contact for Load-Media and more of the business side as he has worked in vinyl distribution before and has an understanding of the forward-planning needed and a good idea where we need to go sales-wise.
Wayne Barker (Bad Ace Inc) will be overseeing quality control of artists with myself and hunting out new talent (as well as being Reapa's hottest signing!) Wayne is a true perfectionist with his music and I feel will give this same dedication to the label. I will be overseeing everything else.

If anyone wishes to submit demos, PM me for information. We will be lining up some treats for the dnbforum family real soon. Heres to a successful future of Reapa Records!

Jay Ellis
Reapa Records

Hi All

As of yesterday Jim Reapa has passed over the running of Reapa Records. He has lost his passion for dnb and the label and a hectic work life has taken priority as well as other commitments.

Ive always had a keen ear for talent and introduced Bad Ace Inc & GPK to Jim several years ago now. I already have a selection of artists that I feel would be an excellent addition to the Reapa Records roster and will be contacting them shortly.

My aim is to rejuvenate the label, resulting in regular, high-quality releases from artists all over the world. I will be looking to release our production product - Passive/Aggressive (which I co-founded last year) along with the talent already established on the label. I plan to hit the ground running with the label and will be lining up artists and tracks for the next releases very quickly, building up to an EP early 2009 hopefully.

I have a small team of dedicated people to help me with this massive task, who each have had experience in the industry.
Chesley Spicer (other co-founder of Passive/Aggressive) will be the contact for Load-Media and more of the business side as he has worked in vinyl distribution before and has an understanding of the forward-planning needed and a good idea where we need to go sales-wise.
Wayne Barker (Bad Ace Inc) will be overseeing quality control of artists with myself and hunting out new talent (as well as being Reapa's hottest signing!) Wayne is a true perfectionist with his music and I feel will give this same dedication to the label. I will be overseeing everything else.

If anyone wishes to submit demos, PM me for information. We will be lining up some treats for the dnbforum family real soon. Heres to a successful future of Reapa Records!

Jay Ellis
Reapa Records

congrats bruvvaa!!.. didnt take as long as you thought then??

hope RocksteadyUK is amongst your list!!! hahaha....

remember im always here to give you a helping hadn as well bro! so if you ever need anything or an extra hand with the label just give me a shout....

anyway mate!! big up!!

Wicked news Jay. Many congrats bro you deserve it fella. I'm sure you will keep it thriving too mang!

Good Luck Bruv,

after Your recent spate of Bad Luck looks like something good's gonna come out of the shit,

ez

well in jay, looking forward to hearing some new releases. if you can clear it get the ghost town remix out vinyl :cowbell:

Big ups Jay - You're a "music industry mogul" now...

I've called up some hookers for you, they'll be round later today...

All the best mate, and well done!

Good stuff lads! Reapa always had a good rep, with the right boys behind it, will go much further!

Big ups, heres to the future :)

Back
Top Bottom