[Realtek] Got new headphones,fuck the bass is weak!

Nicholas Stigma

STEADY ON OL' CHAP
I don't know much about headphones, I just bought Panasonic RP-DJ 100 when i fired up a random Noisia track.
The bass sounded weak!

I don't fucking get it. They really look like good headhpones based on appereance and some of my knowledge about "frequency"

SPECS:

Drive Unit (diam. in mm) 28
Impedance (ohm/1kHz) 24
Sensitivity (dB/mW) 102
Max. Input (mW) 1000
Frequency Response (Hz-kHz) 14hz-24khz
Cord Length (ft./m.) 6.6/2.0
Plug Adaptor (6.3mm in diam.) Yes
Plug Type Gold
XBS Yes
Twin XBS No
Magnet Type Neodymium
Travel-fold Design Yes
In-cord Volume Control No
Single-side Monitoring Yes

First, What is XBS? Some bass encancement thing? How do I activate it?
And if it responds at 14khz, it probably means that it can handle this classic sine bass which is around 120hz, right?

Plus I have some weird plug-ins they are named "Realtek Digital Input" and "Realtek Digital Output" ,none of the output or input jacks gives a signal. Maybe I need to check my motherboard for that which is no problem.

Take a look

0TEis.png

I use my stock on-board soundcard the Realtek HD Audio
I have the speakers output as default.

My main Questions are:

Does it really lacks of bass, or my output is wrong (bad quality output), or i need to get a professional audio card?

Last edited:
go plug them into some other things? MP3 player? TV? radio?? you have none of these?

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:45 ----------

XBS is the "extra bass system". Your sound driver shouldnt alter the frequency response of your headphones whatsoever.

but to be honest for their price i wouldnt expect amazing results anyway.

the frequency response shows what they can go down to - but it doesnt tell you how much they will be dropping off at those frequencies.
SO probably they are hitting those frequencies but are so low in volume you cant hear them.
you gotta spend on headphones/speakers if you want to produce - sadly a fact.

My headphones where €259,- and yes they blast like a mofo.. But I buyed them very long ago and it are high end DJ headphones. I'm still waiting to buy myself some good high end production headphones... ^^
Ontopic: That one is defenitely not for audio production, but more for listening purposes. Also I think that you'll want headphones which don't alter your sound with some bass enhancement stuff.

"Drive Unit (diam. in mm) 28"

this is the reason of weak bass,you want atleast 45mm driver.Out of all headphones I tried the best bass was from Denon AH 7000 45mm,HD 800 54mm and Denon HP 1000 53mm.

try some headphones with 50mm+ driver

the freqency respone is often time fake,but you cant fake size of driver and just like 18" speakers means fat bass,same goes for headphones,I hope this was atleast little bit helpfull for you

also if you want big bass from heaphones may I suggest you looking at Denon,Senheiser and some AKG.The Panasonic ( and Sony) are brands that I would personaly avoid

Last edited:
Pay To Play. Some cheap headphone that arent bad are the Koss UR-21. Bass is kinda low, but its good for mids and highs. really clear up there. headphones are low in actual sound output however. somewhat quiet.

Back
Top Bottom