Really need help with cartidge problem

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by B.unique, Sep 22, 2010.

1. B.unique

B.unique Member

I have Numark groovetool cartridges (i know, shitty carts) but my problem is that one of the cartridges will skip back across the record when i do a spin back or even when i'm cueing a track and looking for the snare, it will jump back ( towards the tone arm rest) i know it's the cartridge because; i swapped the cart over to the other tt, the same problem happened, i then swapped the needles, same thing happened again, i also used the same peice of vinyl... does anyone have any insight as to what might be happening? also i weighed both carts and they came in at exactly the same weight, any input would be appreciated.. cheers

2. djad

djad leo the lion

sounds like you need to sort out the swing arms counter weight. No good loading your carts up with what ever (pennies?) to hold them down cause youll just ruin the needle and vinyl. research on youtube or whatever on how to counter weight your swing arm. Also make sure you have you deck on a nice hard flat surface to limit any unwanted movement or shake.

3. B.unique

B.unique Member

i have the tone arm weighted as it should be, it's obviously not a weighting issue as it wont happen on say the left tt, i swap the right hand tt cart (the dodgy one) over to the left and visa versa and the left hand tt will skip back when cueing and the right one wont, you follow me?

4. DTR

DTR the village idiot

Those carts are turd. Sorry but I don't think you'll find a way around this without new carts.

5. IbbyDnB

IbbyDnB Member

i have a similar propblem i tihnks its just shit, or knarckrd carts, try looking underneeth there might be a build up of fluf, that dosent help, and some times it dose it wen i have alot of weight on it, and some times wen i just have less weight :S kinda annoyin init.

6. B.unique

B.unique Member

yeah i know the carts are shit lol, but could the actual carts (excluding the needles) actually cause a skip when cueing the track?