real noob question for fruity users

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
just started playing around with it and it seems everything i do is working against each other. say i got my drumloop and then i do a bassline, it just sounds completely shit together and no matter what i tweak, volume, gain, eq anything it still sounds completely wank. is there a basic trick i'm missing? i never had this problem with acid or reason

what are you doing your bassline with?

in what way does it sound shit?

have you tried using a little sidechaining on the bassline so it ducks out on the kick?

It's just practice safety,

It may well be that your sound's just dont blend well together.

have you tried putting a parametric eq on it and testing some of the master presets to see if it levels it out in any way?

I'll have a think and get back to you.

Peace.

what are you doing your bassline with?

in what way does it sound shit?

have you tried using a little sidechaining on the bassline so it ducks out on the kick?

i used the 3xosc for the bass then layered a dirty reece over the top. and the bass seems to muffle the drums but turning it down just looses all impact of the bass. know what i mean?

i haven't tried side chaining and wouldn't have any idea how to do it.

i used the 3xosc for the bass then layered a dirty reece over the top. and the bass seems to muffle the drums but turning it down just looses all impact of the bass. know what i mean?

i haven't tried side chaining and wouldn't have any idea how to do it.

THERES MAN TECHNIQUES TO GET THE BASS TO SIT OVER YOUR DRUMS WELL. IM NO EXPERT BUT IVE SEEN VARIOUS THINGS YOU CAN DO.

WHY DONT YOU START SLOW THO, AND LET YOUR BASS SIT ON THE KICKS, GO SKULLSTEP

i had this problem recently. if it is fruity 8, make sure you remove the fx plugs on the master channel before you start. it should have one on there called a limiter. get rid of it and it will stop your sounds clashing. This is already on the channel when you start fruity.
hope this helps.
peace
your producing is fine. just ditch that fx.
it messed up my tunes when i first started using fruity 8

i had this problem recently. if it is fruity 8, make sure you remove the fx plugs on the master channel before you start. it should have one on there called a limiter. get rid of it and it will stop your sounds clashing. This is already on the channel when you start fruity.
hope this helps.
peace

that did help, cheers

hope this helps.
peace

yea the preset for that limiter always seems a bit whack, but i always leave it on so that my levels don't get too wild. i think the trick might be to continually adjust it.

yea the preset for that limiter always seems a bit whack, but i always leave it on so that my levels don't get too wild. i think the trick might be to continually adjust it.

or learn to eq properly. If you eq as you go, there should be no probs. i only put a soft clipper on the master.

you know must have a thousand specific questions about the things i'm doing and there aren't a thousand specific tutorials for those questions, and form what i've seen they don't answer these kind of questions in the vids on youtube. who wants to give me their phone number so i can ring you up and ask lots of stupid questions?

you know must have a thousand specific questions about the things i'm doing and there aren't a thousand specific tutorials for those questions, and form what i've seen they don't answer these kind of questions in the vids on youtube. who wants to give me their phone number so i can ring you up and ask lots of stupid questions?

Just use subs at first, make some more projects with the new DAW, then make reeces and such. Plus you individual 3x osc sounds might not sound good by itself, maybe yes tho. I suggest starting over or sidechaining (put the kickdrum in the mixer and put peak controll on it, link the bass to the mixer and link the controllers and all)

i use soft clipper on the master.i normally start with drums as it sets out the main volume on the whole track.thats all u gettin from me :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom