Reading Riots 2009

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

Reading Riots 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD5t6NiG0y8

angry mob chants ? fuppin losers ... seriously ?? england is getting so horrible , this is sposed to be a music fest , seems more n more of these events are being taken over not by people into music just by people into the drink drugs and being knobs ... [rant over] :ban:

2. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

lad its completly unacceptable, and the people who are ruining it for every one will be the first people up in arms cos its not going on next year...cos if there stupid behavior, this is not what festivals are about at all, ban em from every one the cunts.

3. Welsh Junglist

Welsh Junglist AKA Faqade

What a bunch of twats.

4. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Everyone has too much to prove (see sanctuary 08 for details) it spoils loads of festivals for people.

Leeds was my first festival and if there were a fuck load of riots I would expect people would be less inclined to go again.

LAME.

5. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

that all looked pretty tame. i dont see why its such a big deal? why cant people get stuck in the mob mentality and act like complete tits running round smashing shit up? i enjoyed it when i went last year, its just one of those things, looks gay when you watch it back, but at the time its the most fun ever. you all must of smashed stuff just for the point of smashign stuff?

6. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Sorry Crook, the only think I've ever broken is hearts.

7. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

8. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

The only thing i've ever smashed, is the granny out of Fortunes backdoors.

9. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

trust me people, it's not about UK festivals anymore, they're insanely expensive, over-policed, under supplied (toilets are a fucking disgrace) and filled with fucking idiots.

look into European festivals, they're going on constantly, tickets are always start at about £40 (so the flight + ticket's about what you're looking at for a shit, muddy UK festival).

incidentally was in Reading the Thursday/Friday of the festival (shouts to Bassment @ Mangos, fucking sick night) and you could see this shit begin to build.

10. pitts

pitts Member

couldnt agree wi u more, ive been to download 3 times n leeds fest once, wouldnt go to leeds fest again for this reason people always take it too far. On the monday when i was at leeds last yr i got woken by sum1 setting a gas canister off nxt to my tent bout 2 meters away from my head i twated the guy for it. It wasnt the fact that he did it, it was how dangerous it was at tht tiime wen every1 around wa sleepin he could of killed sum1 cudn understood y he cudnt do it wen eevry1 else did it.

Anyways back to the point the perfect example i have for this is innovation this yr every1 seemed to be there just to get fucked which is all good but it anooys me howw none seemed to appreciate the djs with the real skill, insted there wud prefer to go to the front of the stage n lick skibadees toes. the ammount of times i asked people who was on 2nite n they wud say shabba or skibadee or harry shotta really fucked me off

11. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Thats just Reading for ya.

12. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

If you goto an Innovation event, you get what you deserve.

13. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

we werent allowed Gas Canisters ofr stoves in LEeeds this year thanks t thte fuckin arseholes last year who were throwing them on the fire......... cheers you pricks........ that looks really tame though...... check out the Leeds riots of 2001!!

14. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

you told me you loved me.

15. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

One of my mates said the crowd she was with were all setting fired to tents and shit.

16. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

someone tried to burn my tent down with a candle in glsto last year, whilst i was in it smokin a joint. but its only fair, i did write scouse joe on the front of it.

it got trampled a couple of times aswell. it was wicked.:rinsed:

17. NastyLimbCheat

NastyLimbCheat Active Member

Don't knock this sort of behaviour, people are not harming other people, there's no violence, people just wanna go a bit mental and piss of security. Riots? It's mainly just people standing around shouting, doing drugs and getting drunk, harmless really and a whole load of fun.

However my mate who worked this weekend said a Reading banned gas stoves but a load of camping gas canisters were blown up still on monday morning, proper mushroom clouds and stuff, very dangerous.

18. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Haha, yeh, my mate said about the canisters

19. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

from another forum i go on,

Got back yesterday from the festival and Sunday night was absolutely insane. I'm surprised there wasnt any news coverage of this

the weekend for me was spent doing the usual things that happen at a festival i.e. watching acts and getting extremely wasted in a variety of ways.

Sunday night was ****ing crazy tho. I wasnt involved in any way, I was far too stoned and E'd up to feel any ager or malice but i was watching everything that happened. People were starting massive fires and chucking gas canisters on them. Thats just the beginning. I'm gonna list everything I saw

- -People making human tunnels, with people running through them and jumping into a stream that people had been pissing and shitting in all weekend.

- Mobs of hundreds of people going round starting huge fires, ripping up random peoples tents (stuff in there or not) to keep the flames going. There were people coming back to their tents only to find all their possessions up in flames

-People pulling telegraph poles down

- People running naked through fires.

-People rushing the food vans.

-People Trying to grab firemen out of their vehicles to set their fuel tanks on fire.

-One guy jumped over the fire just as a canister got exploded and needed an ambulance for the burns.

- People fighting security with metal bars and flaming torches.

-Running battles with police in full riot gear and tear gas. This happened in my camping site (Green area). I could see all the action from my tent. The police were advancing and a massive mob were chanting 'This is Sparta'. Then as the two crowds got closer, people were chanting 'Stand your ground'. Then it all went apeshit. As soon as the police tried to arrest someone the mob would just rush them with anything they could find as a weapon and pull the person back. Lots of blood on the walkways the next day.

That was probably the most crazy thing i have ever seen. It was a warzone, the police and security could not control it. The fire engines and police had run out of extinguishers by 11. By around 4 they were reduced to getting bottles of water from the taps. Most of the festival security looked scared shitless. The police were never in control for one moment.

Must of been quite funny hearing everyone shouting this is sparta. Seeing someone jump a fire as a gas canister blows up has got to be worth a few laughs.

Fighting with flaming torches aswell lol medieval shit

20. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Its slightly funny as creamfileds has this reputation for attracting all the scum of england, but there was no problems like this, they turned the music of at 23:00 on sunday night an everyone went back to the campsites and chilled an got fucked.