re digital media

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Freek, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

Ez peeps, jus a general question rele.
    I've never purchased an mp3 from any retailer such as itunes or nu-urban with the intention of using it in a set purely due to the fact that i do not have the equipment to use it... and am not keen on digital mixin.. yet... but am looking into releasing some of my own tunes and a fellow producers tunes and this seems like the easiest/most econical way of starting out.
    Is there much of a market for this within the jumpup scene?
    Obviously it will require some serious marketing and advertising campaigns however i just want to know everyones opinions.
    Tbh i dont know many jumpup djs that use mp3s other than dubs that havent been released yet, so would like to hear from people that use digital media in their sets, or only mix with mp3s.
    Safe peeps

2. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

m8 theres shitloads of jumpup labels doing mp3's and mp3 labels
    look at nu urban and you'll clearly see..and trust me, nuff djs are playing them

3. Freek

thanks rowns! yea its just as i dont have alot of experience in working with mp3 releases as such just wanted to see there was enough hype :)
    Tease is gonna be one of the first releases btw :)

4. jimchizz

jimchizz Member

yes mike, drop some of your tunes my way, im gonna be doing radio next week and gonna do a local sounds showcase.

5. Freek

jiiiiiiimmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy, will do mate, got some nice liquid ones ive been workin on aswell as my usual jumpup so will send it all over mate.
    safe