Re-accuring trouble when using audio recording software such as Audacity or Goldwave?

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
Alrighty chaps, trying to configure audio recording software to my Laptop.
Programme installed correctly, but when it comes to selecting a recording device in the options there does not seem to be one in the dropdown box. It is the same situation for both of the programmes.
Ive also tried following these steps
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#vistacp
But can still not seem to sort the issue.
Nvr had this when using my desktop, but seems the laptop doesnt want any of it.
Any advice will be warmly received.
Ta

Re: Re-accuring trouble when using audio recording software such as Audacity or Goldw

what audio interface are you using? got asio4all installed?

Re: Re-accuring trouble when using audio recording software such as Audacity or Goldw

what audio interface are you using? got asio4all installed?

My audio interface is bust at the mo, its a Behringer UCA202, so was gunna use the basic 3.5MM Mini Jack to 2 Twin Phono lead and see the quality that I got.
But I cant even seem to record off you tube for example... not too sure bout asio4all. U think that might sort it out?!?!

might help, at least it should enable you to select Monitor/'What I hear' for recording in Audacity, depends on your builtin soundcard tho, but for recording a mix obv u need to select line-in, give it a try, Asio4all is almost certainly going to give you better options that the onboard soundcard drivers either way

might help, at least it should enable you to select Monitor/'What I hear' for recording in Audacity, depends on your builtin soundcard tho, but for recording a mix obv u need to select line-in, give it a try, Asio4all is almost certainly going to give you better options that the onboard soundcard drivers either way

ok mate, well i will re-try later, and see what happens, big ups for the advise.

Back
Top Bottom