RCA Output Jacks

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by freeze, Feb 18, 2010.

1. freeze

freeze New Member

I need to buy one of these to record with this? http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR222580 Correct? It wasn't included with the purchase. Probably a stupid question, but I want to be sure before I waste any more money on something I don't even need!
    Thanks.

2. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Just need a phono (red and white cables at each end) cable mate. Out the record in the back of your mixer into your pc :)

3. freeze

freeze New Member

Thanks. Got it all working now but the sound quality is pretty shocking! Is it anything to do with the software or mixer that's making it sound so bad? I'm using Audacity.

4. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

too many things could cause this to guess, but make sure you haven't got the gain too high at any point, as this is the most common cause of distortion and poor audio quality

5. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

it seems everyone has this problem with audacity. try total recorder, audacity is wank

6. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

na its fine.... i think it gets a bad rep because its the first choice of noobs

i cant you how cos i havent used it for years but there is a way to monitor the level of the input..... you just make sure its not in the red in it will record absolutely fine

oh, another reason people keep recording to loud is because they are trying to record a line level signal thru the mic input

7. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

8. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

Also, what output on the mixer are you using? if you can, go from the booth out and then you can control the volume of the sound travelling into your pc and get levels right without having to adjust anythin in audacity.