Ray Keith - 'Vintage Dread II Sampler (Dread)

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
'Vintage Dread II Sampler' - Ray Keith (Dread)

Dont quite know what I was expecting from this ep, but whatever it was, I didnt get it! Oh well, that'll teach me to buy blind! In preparation for his forthcoming Vintage Dread II album, Ray
decides to cash in by releasing this rather pointless sampler.
Starting off with a track thats well over 2 years old, Danny C's remix of 'Something Out There' is a heavy amen tear-out with Lea's smooth vocals scattered about the place. Just a shame this
originally came out about 2 years ago, and most people probably own it already! Next off, another track that came out about 18 months ago - 'Sals Theme', Rays take on that 80's hit 'Talkin To
You'. Another amen-heavy tune this one, with the vocal samples working surprisingly well with the dubby bass and rinsing breaks. Anyway, Id probably be getting a lot more exited about this if I
didnt already own it. Next up, and the first tune on the ep, that hasnt been previously released. Shame its crap. The uninspired 'UFO5' from Ray, is *surprise surprise* another amen track, with a tedious boring synth riding along on top. When I first put this tune on, I was expecting something decent, but unfortunately it stays exactly the same after the drop throughout the rest of the tune *yawn*.
Finally, the tune I actually bought the ep for - 'Chopper VIP'. Unfortunately, its not the same Chopper remix that the big heads have been caining, instead its a mash-up of the Shy remix and the rather fantastic 'Dirty Chopper' remix. However, the overall result is quite interesting, and the second drop would probably sound pretty ruff on a system. Overall tho, this tune is not a good
enough reason for me to warrant spending £9 on this double-pack, although if you havent got the 2 tunes that have already been put out, you might find this quite interesting. For the rest of you, avoid like the plague.
:thumbsd: :smash:

Sal's theme is pretty hard to get hold of these days, but i'm not sure why he didn't just re release that EP instead of this. Now that pack was definitely worth a tenner.

And how. Still tempted to use it almost every time out. Also, his EP on V was some top notch toons, especially "187 Lockdown" - those are some of the wikedest beats from the king of wiked breakbeats. Big up!!!

Mulla said:
Ray
decides to cash in by releasing this rather pointless sampler.
Starting off with a track thats well over 2 years old, Danny C's remix of 'Something Out There' is a heavy amen tear-out with Lea's smooth vocals scattered about the place. Just a shame this
originally came out about 2 years ago, and most people probably own it already!

Hahahaha, Yeah! That was a great EP though (Something out there EP). Probably the best thing Ray has released since his 'ardkore days.

Back
Top Bottom