Ray Keith - Terrordome 2002

Serum

VIP Junglist
The long awaited remix that's been played for fucking ages. I remember this being dropeed alongside Bodyrock when it first came out on dub so that's the timescale we're talking here.
I'm still into the very oldskool Ray Keith sound, and this tune has a nice amount of variation in the bassline department, and some good old Tramen breaks for the hardsteppers.
I guess my recent move back to Aberdeen may mean that i've not heard this played god knows how many times a night at raves, but as it stands it's a very good tune and the classic appeal will have the crowds going mental.
My only worry is that the B side seems exactly the same as the A side, but i guess that's backup if I maul one side (which I probably will)

Yeah, both sides are the same ;]

I love this choon, but it won't get the cainage it deserves because every other 'pro' DJ has cained it into the ground :/

Still, it might pop up every now and then!

dont u guys think ray keith just churns out the same old, nothing new. like the terrorist remix. just to line his greasy pocket. the only thing ive liked from keith in a while has been some of the stuff on ufo and the 1st single on the power ep on v (but side 3/4 were crap)?

Someone's got to keep the 95 style alive.
Ray Keith provides the proper oldskool vibe, but makes it mix better with new stuff. A total contrast to the huge amount of tech that comes out.
It has the same type of beats, the same variation and a still unique sound.
There's plenty of people who don't like tight basic beats and want the oldskool sound back again.
Maybe youre not one of them, but that's his target audience.

I can undersatnd, that but these days youve heard one ray keith tune youve heard em all. Do get me wrong i love his old stuff, dark soldier, the tunes he did on philly blunt, and ive got quite a few obscure remixes by him and they are all wicked. It seems he puts no time and effort into his tunes now, same samples, bass, etc. It gets boring when youve heard it all already u know, respect to him for keeping that vibe, a little more effoert and keith would be up there at the top of the tree.

Serum said:
Someone's got to keep the 95 style alive.
Ray Keith provides the proper oldskool vibe, but makes it mix better with new stuff. A total contrast to the huge amount of tech that comes out.
It has the same type of beats, the same variation and a still unique sound.
There's plenty of people who don't like tight basic beats and want the oldskool sound back again.
Maybe youre not one of them, but that's his target audience.

I'm one of those people however this tune is complete shit! It sounds like "The Terrorist" except with a weak unchanging pitched down amen loop. Its total crap and I don't mind telling you all how I feel about this one. Ohh when I heard this in the store I liked the flipside better. :lol:

YAH THATS RIGHT! Its the same frikken tune on both sides! I think Ray Keith should have worked something out with Adam F to release this tune on the flip of "Metro Sound"! Then I would have one less thing to complain about. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom