Ray Keith Joins Loopmasters Artists Series

Discussion in 'Production' started by Cypher123, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Cypher123

Cypher123 New Member

[​IMG]

Ray Keith DJ, Producer, Remixer, Record Label Head Honcho, Radio & TV Presenter and one of the orginal Drum & Bass pioneers, has been on the circuit for at over 15 years. When he teamed up with Loopmasters for his first ever sample pack it was always going to produce some of the darkest samples and breaks on the planet – and this pack won’t disappoint!

After finding his niche within the Drum and Bass scene in the early 90s he managed to notch up two of the scenes most memorable releases of all time with ‘The Renegade Terrorist’ and ‘The Chopper’. Ray is one versatile individual and certainly one of the ‘Godfathers of DnB’ and continues to push the boundaries of his productions and DJ sets to an ever increasing audience of appreciative fans!

Original Drum & Bass vol 1 features a huge collection of original inspiration from the Dread Recordings studio, featuring Tearing Breaks, Deep and Menacing subs, Rave Style FX and Haunting pads and melodies to inspire the darkest of breakbeats production elite. Whether you are making Tech Step, Liquid, Hardcore, Breakbeat or Dubstep – this collection reflects the history and roots of the scene which Ray helped create and shape, and brings it full tilt into the future with some fantastic inspirational beats and bass lines destined for future dance floor killers.

Within this awesome drum and bass sample collection you can expect to find over 375Mb of royalty free drum and bass samples including 150 Loops and 160+ single hit samples. The pack consists of 37 Future Funk Breaks, 45 Heavy Rotation Basslines, 46 Inspirational Music Loops, 39 Single Bass Drones, 41 Single Hit Vox and Hits, 60 Single Drum samples, and 20+ Musical Hits. The pack is also available in Apple Loop, Ableton Live and Reason Refill formats.

If you are a producer looking to explore the darker edge of the sonic realm, and want a collection of sounds that will inspire you from one of the worlds most prolific Djs and Producers, sample Original Drum & Bass vol 1 from Ray Keith and Dread Recordings.

More info - http://www.loopmasters.com/product/details/445/Ray_Keith_Original_Drum_&_Bass_vol_1

2. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

ah wikid thanks for the heads up need to get this

3. inderjitfarm

inderjitfarm Member

ray keith was wiked during the years of 97-2002 with wiked mixing agility

4. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

yey! another big name capitalising on the sample pack game, and selling fake dreams to aspiring producers!

5. boogoo

boogoo New Member

I find the attitude of 'sample packs are shit' funny. I doubt anyone who buys one is under the delusion they can just slap together some samples from one and make a popular track. I see them more as learning tools so beginners can play with the different 'pieces' that make up a track without having to understand how to program a break or create a bangin' bass sound. Once understanding how the 'pieces' fit together then the next logical step would be learn how to make your own breaks, synth patches etc. I think it's pretty daunting for a beginner when there's so many elements that make up a track, sample packs are a way of speeding up the learning process by showing the deconstructed elements of a track. Anyway, maybe I'm just bias since I'm a beginner :)

6. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

dont doubt it, there are alot of fucking guys doing just that. influx uk has a tune like that, which is odd cos hes otherwise a great producer.

i am 100% against sample packs but i actually quite want this. i have a feeling its going to be pure smut.

7. kama

kama benkama.net

i guess he has to find alternate sources of income, if the rumours about him losing his hearing are true.

8. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

really ? shit, bad luck. hope he gets better.
    but yeah, sample packs are a great way for artist to to make some dollar. looopemasters in particular have been snatching every single big name from every scene, what with the dnb heads, dave the drummer, dino psaras etc
    like boogoo said, its just toys for people to play with. but i find it funny how the company pushes them. "make unique and original tunes with professional quality". :uberlaugh:

9. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

never spotted that, ha ha.

10. demonicdnb

demonicdnb got duct-tape?

I Hear a tune at least every month with a recognizable sample from "so and so's" sample pack. There is a female vocal sample that is driving me nuts because ive heard it in about 4 tunes last year.

i can't think of what tho. which is now going to drive me bonkers all day. but yeah the samples are three little "yeahyeah" etc. echo female sample from david carbones masterclass. which dont get me wrong. i go there for drum hits
    and percussion alot. but damn if ill use the musical parts/breaks. i guess thats the only good thing i see about sample packs is the drum hits are usually pretty good.

11. Oxidyze

Oxidyze pistol packin

a good sample is a good sample.... dnb's roots are sample based. It all comes down to what you do with the sample that counts. But making a tune with nothing but dnb sample pack samples wont get you any were.

but I sure do love fukking with samples :)

12. fisher

fisher I've been naughty, I'm banned

Theres some nice solid kicks and snares in there though. Way nicer than any other sample pack ive come across commercial or non commercial

13. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

$50 for roughly 400 MBs isn't a bad deal if the sounds are quality and are well edited.

I can't stand how most producers will cut the tails off of samples that have been run through judicious amounts of verb and delay (all in order to save space).

14. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

so im a beginner using a reason and i have noticed the stock drum hits aren't really hard hitting or full sounding enough.. or varied enough, would u recommend this pack, for the price?

15. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

that was in Jaydan - Something For The Man Dem, thought the exact same thing when i heard it for the first time lol

16. kama

kama benkama.net

This was utter bullshit btw.

17. logikz

i listened to the demo, its bare grimes like mc shankman. a nice insight in ray keiths technique too. i couldnt use it for anything cos i insist in sourcing my own sounds, but very inspirational all the same.

18. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

Sample packs are brilliant tools for drumhits and fx

19. logikz

except its not a tool though is it. its more the result of someones tools which youre using.

but yeah i imagine its brilliant for that.

20. ali1212

ali1212 ....

this sample pack's pretty good tbf, drums are all pretty sweet. some nice processed amens etc, some nice pads and bass tones/loops. not a bad investment really, and at the end of the day it all adds to the sample library :)