RAW - New Synth from Rob Papen Soundware

Know One

Living A Lie
RAW was designed with input from producers Sebastian Hoff and Freek Vergoossen (a.k.a. DJ Promo and DJ Free-K, respectively) who proposed a synthesizer that focused more on 'distorted' sounds with an easy-to-use layout.

RAW has a different signal setup, synthesizer-wise. It has two oscillators and a filter, but what is new when compared to other RP synthesizers is that there is an EQ that can be pre- or post-distortion. After that, there is a Waveshaper and dedicated Distortion module with several types of distortion, as well as a Low-Fi control. This is new to this synthesizer, and it's part of the concept that the distortions are on the voice level, so it's not just a case of a total signal going into the distortions, but rather each voice has its own Waveshaper, Distortion, and Lo-fi.

In addition to the flexible X/Y fields found in the OSC 1 and OSC 2 sections (which will already be familiar to refined Rob Papen Predator and BLUE-II soft synth users), RAW users can effectively draw their own 'waveforms' to be used as LFO waveforms, enabling the creation of unique 'wobble' sound movements — perfect for dubstep and other EDM styles. Other effects such as Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Stereo Delay Rob Papen's signature high-quality Reverb — all add to the superlative sound sculpting possibilities on offer, as does the super-cool step sequencer/arpeggiator, and many more fanciful features above and beyond. But mindful of that original easy-to-use layout request, a self-explanatory.

The presets include many by DJs and producers like Deathmachine, DJ Hidden, DJ Promo, DJ Thera, D-Passion, Ophidian, Mad Dog, Rob Fabrie, N-Vitral, The Playah, The Viper, Warface, and many more.

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/rob-papen-soundware-releases-raw-synth-28462

I like the idea of distortion + bitcrushing on at the osc level- that's a cool trick which is pretty unique and probably actually useful as well.

Otherwise the rest is pretty standard.

Yea, the distortion at osc level was the main thing that excited me... Just screams "make bass with me". I like thee fact you can draw your own LFO shapes as well. Not that you can't do that in some other synths too. I've messed with albino and predator in the past, but don't own any of Rob Papen's new synths..... This one might be the one to grab for me.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Back
Top Bottom