Raving alone?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by lila, Nov 16, 2012.

1. lila

lila New Member

Hi

I was wondering what everyone thought about going raving alone... I normally go with a small group of friends but tonight everyone is either too broke, working the next morning or has other plans... Thing is, I dream of my friday night out all week and can't bear to stay home so I thought of going by myself as I always dance by myself anyways (I stay with my friends when we go smoking or to the toilet..) Has anyone ever done it and did you have a good time ? Thank you.

2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

^yep. done it multiple times, if youre open to talk to strangers it will be a fun night, do it!

3. lila

lila New Member

Thanks, I always talk to people and i like to think that I don't need any one to have fun... But I feel like a bit of a loner and I'm like "is this a sign I've become too addicted to raving?" I can't imagine myself not going out on a friday night ! Where did you go by yourself ?

4. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

^This. I used to do it quite a lot when I first got into electronic music, because most of the gigs were in other cities and my friends were being either too lazy or didn't like that stuff, so I was going by myself every now and then. It's cool if you're into the music that night or if you're up to making new friends

5. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

i would do it, i think people would respect u came cos u love the music so much rather than think you're a wierdo

6. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

never been clubbing by myself but I would definetely would do. Not quite the same but I spent a night at bestival by myself, was awesome not having to worry where your mates were or if they were moving on. Fuck friends :teeth:

7. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

8. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

In all seriousness though ive done it, only at local nights though. I dunno how i'd feel traveling to fabric or somewhere else in london on my own.

9. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Do it

Just be careful

10. alphaF

alphaF Member

ive done it as well, kinda. i went to EDC in Vegas this past summer with a group of friends and i was the only dnb head in that group. the last night was the true dnb night of the weekend and my friends didnt want to go early, so i said FUCK THEM IM GOING BY MYSELF! i eventually met up with them 5-6 hours later but i still had a blast! its all about the music and ive learned that everyone at the party is your friend!

11. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

last time ive been to a rave alone ive been to random concept. been fun times, and met quite a few people there i still meet up with and have a beer :)=

12. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I have done it before its ok but i much prefer to go with friends so much more fun. I think if you go on your own remember these key things

- Make sure you have a phone on you at all times you never know when your goin to need to ring your mum at 3 in the morning because that guy in the corner keeps looking at you funny
    - Dont get to drunk if you are on your own you really need to stay aware you dont want to get bummed in the toilets
    - Dont get to wasted on drugs again you need to stay aware you are deffanitly getting bummed if you take to many drugs
    - If you smoke make sure you have a constant flow of cigarettes by the end of the night if you still have cigarettes everyone will be your friend
    - Under no circumstances do you tell anyone you are alone, everyone thinks loners are weird and you could become a target
    - Dont wear any bling (Chains,Rings,anything that looks expensive) It may just cause unwanted attention

Thats all for now

13. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

never been on my own, but the group always gets separated within half an hour anyway.

pretty much always end up chatting to some random dude in the smoking area, some of the greatest temporary friendships have started with "excuse me mate, you got a lighter?", and then end up spending the majority of the night conversing with them

and then when you meet up with up with friends come morning, the train journey is a lot less tedious because everyone has their own stories of what the fuck happened in the last 8 hours.

14. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i went to the end a bunch of times alone.. u'll get to know random regulars.. i was friends with a bald guy.. if thats anyone on here...

15. flobbydobby

flobbydobby bangin garden of dobbylon

[​IMG]

bn14 likes this.
  16. ilovelondon

ilovelondon Call me Jens.

Funny, I was planning on going to this rave tonight here in Brussels (Data & Basher are on the line up), but as I couldn't find anyone to go with me, I decided to rather stay in tonight and get some work done (which I obviously haven't even started with, haven't even had dinner yet for fucks sake: I'm not getting much done today).

This thread is giving me second thoughts...

17. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Done it loads of times now, always end up having a quality night.

18. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

I usually go out in a big group but end up raving on my own. Always lose everyone.

19. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

I always find I spend quite a lot of times at raves not really focusing on those around me. On the flipside its always a bonus to have someone to confer with about the set, or just simply pull screwfaces at.

I did once end up going to a dnb night solo, can't have been more than 15 people in there. Did feel a bit weird but I kinda gave up caring, had just moved to the area and really didn't give a shit what people thought!

I'd say go out, I'd have big respect for anyone who cared enough about the music to put their worries aside!

20. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

I've done it a few times and had great times. I did recently, sober and was absolutely knackered, so I only lasted a couple of hours but still enjoyed it.