RATM DID IT!

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Welll.. there you go then! RATM are number 1!

It was never about the number one spot itself more the idea of making a point that there are still people who refuse to be sucked into the X Factor crap and that enough of them are willing to go out of the way to make a point..

And to those who say Simon Cowell wins anyway as RATM are on Sony.. I am pleased to report the SyCo.. is a subsidiary of Sony.. RATM are on Sony Sony.. the money doenst go to Cowel.

And even better the proceeds of the single have raised 30 grand for Shelter!

And even betterer RATM are promising a free ‘thank you’ gig next year…

Win win!

Here is a good read for ya:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/dec/21/charlie-brooker-rage-against-the-machine

Last edited:

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
fuck the money, or cowell (i quite like cowell, least fake thing bout xfactor)... its the principal! fair play to rage and all who bought up!

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Sweet.

I spent time trying to explain to my Wife & Mother yesterday, exactly who RATM are & what they have done & what they stand for...

The responses I hated the most were:

"Its just noise Andrew, it isn't proper music."

"Yeah but, poor Joe, he deserves to be number one, just because people have gripes with Cowell/X Factor doesn't mean they should take it out on him."

:rolleyes:

Moskit

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
seems like an elaborate way to advertise x- factor for free imo !
This was mentioned yesterday too.

"Spin-on-Spin" as it were, even bad publicity is good publicity type thing.

Meh.

1.) I'm glad Rage are number one as I don't wanna listen to that fucking Climb song one more time.

2.) I want to go to the Concert next year.

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
Seeing people join groups like "I dont care about Xmas No.1, I'll buy what I like", all those individuals non-conforming by joining a group :rinsed:

You are missing the entire point behind this, no one cares about the money we just wanted something other than the latest xfactor bollocks as number 1. I dont think it mattered what song got it, just that another song did. It just so happened that the people who created the group chose RATM.

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
You are missing the entire point behind this, no one cares about the money we just wanted something other than the latest xfactor bollocks as number 1. I dont think it mattered what song got it, just that another song did. It just so happened that the people who created the group chose RATM.
We've told him that too many times now

Moskit

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
He's not missing the point is he... He's not fucking stupid.

He's just making another point, that you seem to be missing.

:rolleyes:

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
no matter what you do, if someone else does it then in some way you are conforming, and lets face it there're so many people out their that share the same views as you do, that you will always be conforming with a similar group of people.

spiderfran286

"Yes, squid pro roe..."
VIP Junglist
rite who's making the point? and who is missing the point?
or have i totally missed the point of the point?
im making a point to find out what the actual point of all this is....