Raspy dubstep bass?

B2B is back to back - so like as well as...
Im always hearing people talk about clever processing and resampleing. What kind of processing would be involved? About as far as i get is adding a few vst effects, like distortion or chorus, or maybe bitcrush it too, to thicken/beef up/give it some growl. What kind of other "processing" goes into it? anyone name a few examples? processing could mean any number of things, or is that the point? producers closely guarded secrets?

allrite... when u see on a flyer for example... nicky blackmarket B2B andy C - that means nicky blackmarket and andy c are playing together. In this case it means pretty much the same thing...

" detuning saw waves AND clever processing AND good equing AND lfo attached to cutoff RESULTS IN dubstep win. "

detuning saw waves b2b clever processing b2b good equing b2b lfo attached to cutoff = dubstep win.

this means ...
detuning saw waves along with clever processing with a bit of good equing as well as lfo attached to cutoff = dubstep

its a dnb thing, so i thought in a dnb forum i could use it without getting everyone confused, lol :D

and for the clever processing. its not a secret or anything, but you just cant say "its done like that" and thats the end of the story, as the complexity of production is pretty high with those basses.

first of all you need some good fx vst. a good chorus, reverb, eq and some different distortion and tube plugins are defo a necessity. then the tricky part is to assign those fx in the right way - but no ones gonna help you here, cause it all depends on how much you detuned the saw waves, how you eqed everything and so on..

one last hint: just not process, but try to automate.. ie open the filters, more distortion, less ... and so on, to get some nice movement. and dont forget to resample!

To recreate that you will need a copy of Massive.

3 oscillators, distortion, several filter and amp envelopes apllied and lfo's assigned to filter frequency cutoff.

Back
Top Bottom