Rason help again! NN19 Sampler

wilki

Ok, its me again. Seeing as you were all so helpful last time I wondered if you could help out with my next Reason conundrum that I am coming up against. Again, its doing my head in.

For whatever reason I cannot get any of the samples I load to playback in the sequencer. I am drawing box in the corresponding NN19 lane in the sequencer and setting a loop point so that I can work on the sampler settings as the sound loops around. However, no sound is coming out.

I have tried selecting record then playing around with the sampler live but no notes are automated to sequencer. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly around the back with the sampler wired into my master mixer. I am completely stumped. I have checked the help manual and searched the internet and nothing!! Any help here again and I will be massively appreciated.

hi,
so you put a sample into the nn19 sampler.
Then you draw a note on its lane?
The default key for that would be C3 - have you put your note on C3? If you put it way above or below C3 you might not hear it play
What version of Reason is this? If its earlier than 6 you need to make sure its routed to the mixer.
If its 6 or above you need to make sure it has a mix channel and that channel isnt muted.

hi,
so you put a sample into the nn19 sampler.
Then you draw a note on its lane?
The default key for that would be C3 - have you put your note on C3? If you put it way above or below C3 you might not hear it play
What version of Reason is this? If its earlier than 6 you need to make sure its routed to the mixer.
If its 6 or above you need to make sure it has a mix channel and that channel isnt muted.

Thanks man. I got there in the end. I just wasn't double clicking to bring up the piano roll. Doh! Seems so obvious now. Didn't know about the C3 hotkey though so thanks.

in fact although c3- is the root key you can play the notes in any lane each sounding different.

Back
Top Bottom