Rascal & Klone - Witchcraft / Electronica

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Witchcraft
The duo from Warwickshire have been a little quiet of late, but these coming months will see a huge return for 'Rascal & Klone' bringing there sci-fi funk to the D&B table.
The opening is set at quite a fast pace with clean snares, tech shakers, & a squeaky Euro synth leading the main path. The first feeling you get is that every sound is very clean within the mix, & full enough to be able to fill alot of space between each pattern, this helps to make sure the track is instantly grasping & cathy to the listeners ear.
The beats bound into a delayed splash cymbal, but the euphoric synth continues to twist throughout the background of the misty FX that surround the incoming bassline.
A no thrills build up links into a very off beat snare roll, then it's sci-fi wave riding all the way. The bassline is increased in volume & merges itself around the whole drum pattern just to lift the whole piece off the ground & shake the dancefloor to a new type of dance. Alot of phasing FX have been applied to the warped baby acid line that sweeps throughout the tech-line hi-hats, but it does work really well in acheiving a great level of satisfaction out of a track that isn't really built from to many layers.
Those quick 'R & K' snare runs we've all come to love appear once again to unleash a trance like lead, that arpeggiates faster than Morris Green driving a TVR! The rifff is simple & entertaining & will keep the energy burning out of the speakers until the main bassline is brought back from laying underneath that euphoric lead. A quick attack of subtle hi-hats & shakers play gently alongside each other before a gasssy 303 filter seeps it's way over the percussion & into the breakdown.
The euro synth is recalled to lighten the mood once again, & after teasing a shy drum pattern out of the corner it adds itself to the simple build & cooly finished snare fill.
More spce age funk is dished up & it will have them seeing stars right through to the early morning.

Overall 7.5/10

Electronica
Now this is where things really start to heat up & I started to take alot of notice to what these two had been sneaking around doing for the last couple of months.
A circular rim motion sine wave eeriely pierces your ears & enters the dark regions of your mind, to unleash a shudder all the way down to the tip of your spine.
The uplifting echoed melody is a god send & enlightens the track with a bright beam of light, carrying you to the end of the tunnel, only to be crushed by a monstourous devil shaped bassline. This is pure darkness & we love it!!!! The effect this had on me was unbelieveable I just couldn't pull myself away from the deep feeling & intense shakedown this gave my senses. Once the scence is set by the lengthy intro of sweetly layered synths there's only one more thing to do & thats let you get risen into the tele-kinetic drum beat. This will work wonders on the harder dancefloor's at peak time & will have crowds going wild with pleasure.
The grueling reese bass wrecks anything that stands in it's way, & grabs the one touch melody by the collar & drags it's light hearted self to the end of it's career!!

This in my opinion should have been the A-Side of the 2, but then again what does it matter each record gets played the same & this is going to get cained!!

Overall 8.5/10 :flame:

Last edited:
Ez mate

Don't mean to be rude or pick holes in your review but R + K are actually from a place called Kenilworth in Warwickshire. I dont know why its consistantly reported that they are based in Coventry.

Big up all in the Tutt, for those that know ;]

Its all good though, nice review mate.

Caution said:
Ez mate

Don't mean to be rude or pick holes in your review but R + K are actually from a place called Kenilworth in Warwickshire. I dont know why its consistantly reported that they are based in Coventry.

Big up all in the Tutt, for those that know ;]

Its all good though, nice review mate.

No worries man cheers for keeping me informed, gotta make sure people get the correct info otherwise who knows what rumours I could start!! :razz:
Thanks for the feedback Caution Electronica is a bad, bad track that is definetly the style I play when I put a mix together.

sayber said:
Thanks for the feedback Caution Electronica is a bad, bad track that is definetly the style I play when I put a mix together.

Hey, no problem mate

If you like Electronica just remember to keep your eyes peeled for their future tracks on various labels. Some different sounding business forthcoming from these two, believe......

:oscar:

Back
Top Bottom