RAPTURE VS DEEP FREQ THURSDAY 28TH MAY - LEEDS UNIVERSITY UNION

Prospekt

VIP Junglist
We’re teaming up with Deep Freq and Liquid Steel Sessions to bring you the best value club night Leeds has ever seen. This ain’t no Tesco’s Basics flex either, expect crisp sound systems, exclusive dub-plates and a whole world of dirtiness.

Showcasing the best of both Drums and Dubstep for only £6 ADV.

DRUM & BASS
The line up includes the jump up legend TAXMAN who produced Stompers such as ‘Too bad’ and ‘Scan Darker’. With recent releases like 'Evasion RMX' and collaborations with Original Sin & Heist you can only expect the best from this jump up don. CULTURE SHOCK looses his Leeds virginity, representing one of Drum and Bass’s most accredited label RAM RECORDS. As if this wasn’t enough for the lovely people of Leeds we thought we’d add the Leeds Don DJ STEPPA and his new partner in grime KITCHA, Big in the game at the moment after their recent releases of ‘The Business’ and ‘Come Down’ on Calypso Muzak. Alongside this there will be the rapture residents including FRENZY D and RAIL here to provide you with non-stop Rowdyness… blaps…Warming up we have PROSPEKT for his Rapture debut.

We are proud to leave you in the very capable hands of Manchester’s finest MC SKEEZ and BEN DUBZ from London (keeping it strictly tropical, check out www.theheatwave.co.uk)

DUBSTEP
Headlining the dub step Room is DJ CHEF (AKA CHEFAL AKA THE DUBFATHER) gathering up fresh riddim’s for the Leeds massive as we speak, if you don’t know about chef you can check him out on RINSE FM every Tuesday between 11 and 1 am. Chefal is a resident at the two pioneering Dubstep nights in London DMZ and FWD, The main ingredients of his sets are energy and deep sub basslines whether it’s a half step roller or a 4x4 banger, anything goes. Chefal plays right across the board covering the full Dubstep spectrum, if Chefal likes it he’ll play it, simple. ''I play for the crowd and myself, if I’m not having a good time how can I expect the listeners and ravers to?”
Alongside chef we’ve also got SIGNUS, Hot on the Leeds scene at the moment having recently played sets with N-Type, Exodus, Distinction, Kromestar, Benga, Hatcha & Crazy D, Caspa, Rusko, Quest, Silkie, and G Double.
SKATZ and ALIBI are great hosts because they know when to let the basslines roll. Both have recently become resident hosts at the highly respected HiFi club, so be sure to check them out on the 21st May @ HiFi, Call lane.

FULL LINE UP IS AS FOLLOWED

RAPTURE - DRUM AND BASS

TAXMAN (GANJA RECORDS)
CULTURE SHOCK (RAM RECORDS)
STEPPA & KITCHA (CALYPSO MUZAK)
FRENZY D (RAPTURE)
RAIL (RAPTURE)
PROSPEKT (SUBLOW)

HOSTED BY SKEEZ & BEN DUBZ

DEEP FREQ - DUBSTEP

CHEF (RINSE FM)
SIGNUS (RUFFAGE)
DR CRYPTIC (R8 RECORDS)
HACKMAN (STUDIO ROCKERS)
REUBEN G (L.S.S)

HOSTED BY SKATZ & ALIBI

RAPTURE VS DEEP FREQ - END OF TERM SPECIAL - THURSDAY 28.05.09 @ MINE AND PULSE. 10pm-4am.
LEEDS UNIVERSITY UNION
LIMITED TICKETS £6 ADV - M.O.T.D
TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM WWW.LEEDSTICKETS.COM (click on link http://www.leedstickets.com/eventinfo/1616/Rapture-vs-Deep-Freq) &
CATS IN THE UNION
ALSO AVAILABLE IN TRIBE, CRASH & JUMBO RECORDS

Flyer in my sig, most forum regulars have probably seen it but this thread is a heads up for all the people up North. Hope to see you there. (y)

Last edited:
If this was a tad closer to home I'd be all over this like Fran over Brof but no can do.
Do some more daaaannnnn safffff & Rhys & I shall attend :)
Good luck & ting though, you'll smash it up I'm sure :clown:

Cheeeeeers luv. I know Leeds is a tad far init. We got something going on around September time in London I think, I'll be sure to let you know about it. :) (y)

See you at Ram!!

Back
Top Bottom