Ransom Xmas@Club Splash Stroud

DJAccess

The Ransom Crew put on a Boxing Day Special at Club Splash Stroud. All the crew attending to make this a fun night for all. Sets came from Donovan Smith, Access, SE and others. Utilizing the local 14K "Dirt Sound System" the boys proceeded to shake the windows and rattle the bar!

Access warmed things up nicely, testing out the system with some fresh and funky beats such as "Like A Bird" and "Barcelona". Tight mixing (ive got the minidisc to prove it) made way for more floor fillers as the night rolled on. Some of the forthcoming material coming on Infrared was showcased including the epic "Caporeira" and a new remix of a Groove Armada's "Final Shakedown". Closing the first set of the night with "Start The Fire" the floor was filled and the venue was getting hot.

Continuing that party vibe with some older jump up classics were the "Dirt Sound System" resident Dj's. Playing some Undiluted tracks and some Fresh Kutt bits the boys kept the crowd happy and the party lively.

After copious amounts of Budweiser a slightly worse for wear Access went back to the turntables joined by fellow Ransom resident DJ SE for some back 2 back biznizz. Playing for enjoyment and for the local crowd of familiar faces the Ransom duo dropped tunes both old and new.

Donovan rolled through the door at 01:00am to the crowds approval and took to the technics with glee!!! A bouncy set of V Recordings and Full Cycle style floor tracks that brought the night to a happy finale. Tracks featured "Scrambled Eggs", "Freestyle Mambo" and the T.I. remix of "Like A Bird". Much has to be said for the vocal talents of MC Dread who was on top form all night ably asissted by the local MC Alpha.

A good night was had by all and we hope to continue last year as we did this one at Ransom.

Shouts to Russ, Oz, Sam, Donovan, Pavan, Mikel, Dave, , Junior, John, Luke, Lawson and all others that couldnt make it. Peace

You played b2b with SE? Must have been an intimidating prospect! ;) :D

You know that Mc Alpha kiddy? Is he the one who always turns up at Jons nights?

Last edited:
Yeh his name is Lee, he lives in Stroud. Bit of a towny but then so are most people in Stroud. He was at the Drive By night in Bristol, do i remember seeing you there im not sure? He spent part of the night trying to tell me that good mc's never get booked coz theyre white... erm Shabba, was my reply! He also told me basically that I was a shit DJ coz i can scratch like Hype and should try to do my own thing... well if i can scratch as good as Hype (and i dont think i can) i bloody well will thanks very much!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the fun of the fair as always... I loved pilled kiddies!!!

:thumbsup:

Yeah I fuckin hate that kiddy! You mean Drive By on NYE? Yeah I saw him there, him and his mate were MC'ing (badly) in each others ear down the front during Gerards set. I could see him trying to blag the Mc into letting him have a go, thankfully he didnt let him!

He reckons he doesnt get booked cos hes white? You should have said 'Nah mate, you dont get booked cos your shit.' I mean what the fuck is that 'Its the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide' shit all about???

I was really hoping he would've been there when we did that thing at the Social so I could've turned his mic down during his 'chats'!!! :shake:

Sorry, rant over..........

Mulla, what are you on about..!?! I don't know you and you don't know me. As far as im concerned, i do whatever i want in my lyrics, some time i go fast, sometimes i go slow, sometimes i sing, sometimes i toast, sometimes i go riiiiiiiiide, lmao. What im trying to say, is that unlike you, im not bound by the boundrys of what everyother cunt is trying to do. I do my own thing and try to enjoy as much as possible. I dont think im shit anyways, but thats my opinion and the the opinon of producers i work with, bands and honest friends. What about the other mc's at johns nights!?! Take "Sinner G" rofl, sorry STANZA, i have watched him progress since he first started and to be honest all he does is go budabudabudabudabuda..... and he copies lyrics from everyone, to name a couple i can think of off hand, DROP, Skibbs. Last time i saw him at one Bassix, he came up to me and said, "i just wan to get my wages and go, this is crap, oh yeah Lee, did u know im an international MC these days, i mc'd in Amsterdam." Cool, so you do it for status and money then do you?!? or you just a bit tired and you want to home for a nap? And what about MC Lukas, oh my days!! (nothing bad to say about loco, nice guy.) What i meant Access about Black people get booked or whatever, is realy, a lot of mc's get booked that are same old same old, the classic mc image, the classic chant, etc etc. Its hard for someone like me who is a little white guy from stroud, to get sets, and you can disagree, but i do think that it is true to a certain extent.

i can vaguely remember chatting to you about ur scratching, and no offense was meant to be made... But for a while you did scratch exactly same as hype, same sound, same rythm etc, but so what, who gives a fuck! constructive crytisism mate, no diss intended! Why are you calling me a towny!! Cheers mate! you could've at least called me a towny scuffer!

Anyways this thread is ages old, and i came upon it by accident from google. But i was pleasantly suprised to see myself discussed... Shame that it was you slagging me off though Nick, i thought you were a sound guy.

Bottom line. Do what you want, enjoy what you do, and dont let people who dont understand you put you down, cuz at the end of the day, its their loss.

Lee "The towny bad man dem" ALPHA eMCee. :D

peace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom