Random distorted drop out when recording mix, need help :s

B1-Bobbit

Hi everyone,

When recording a mix I keep getting a problem with a build up of signal drop out that gets worse for about 20 seconds creating a horrible distortion noise and then sorts itself out.
This keeps happening in random places every time I record a mix, I have had to rerecord each time it happens which is pretty frustrating.
I am using a Xone 62 mixer with xlr cables to the monitors, a phono from the booth out to the line in on my computer (have tried the one on my sound card and motherboard), Two CDJ1000 mk3's and Ableton 9.
Below I have attached a picture of what the waveform looks like and a sound clip.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would be very grateful :)

Problempic.jpg

http://dnbshare.com/download/Problem_1.mp3.html

The only time I have experienced random drop outs, a bit like stutters that occur when recording are if I'm trying to record onto a laptop which is currently set up to use WiFi. I'd imagine a desktop with WiFi activated would do the same thing. Make sure it is always switched off completely before recording as it can cause this to happen and used to drive me up the bloody wall everytime I'd forget.

Thanks for the advice, will give this a try as I do have a wireless card I added to my desktop.
Got a feeling that I was getting the problem before I used wireless though.

Also, disable any unnecessary background processes or programs that are running–Firewall, Virus/Malware programs, Auto-Indexing, Web Browsers, etc.

What program are you using to record the mix?

Check your buffer for your soundcard and make sure the sample rate is locked to 44.1Khz or 48Khz.

Sometimes its just incompatible hardware though. I used to get something like this with my M-Audio 1010LT soundcard and my Gigabyte motherboard. I used to get a static sound all over the audio then it would sort itself out.

The way I got it sorted was to buy a new motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom