RAMM116 - Calyx & Teebee - Scavenger/Stepping Stones

thedude

VIP Junglist
artworks-000023163048-r77k73-t300x300.jpg

D&B fans the world over associate the names Calyx & TeeBee with the highest quality, expertly crafted music and that association rings true as veteran producers and long-term friends Calyx & TeeBee unleash the first instalment in what is set to be their most exciting project to date - 'All or Nothing'

‘Scavenger’ carries all the hallmarks of a Calyx & TeeBee production, brought kicking and screaming into 2012. For those who’ve been lamenting a lack of new material from the duo this will satisfy every waking urge. Driving synths pave the wave for heart-racing build ups all leading to an inevitably powerful drop.

Meanwhile ‘Stepping Stones’ shows us a glimpse of Calyx & TeeBee’s lighter side. Soulful vocals slide effortlessly over a backbone that’s beautifully put together, balancing heavyweight production and dance floor power with subtlety and class that progresses throughout.

Calyx & TeeBee

A: Scavenger
AA: Stepping Stones

Release Date: 11th June 2012

Cat: RAMM116

Audio here:

http://www.ramrecords.com/news/220

0/10 artwork (like all of ram's art)
5/10 tunes, pretty generic imo but quite right in its better then almost all ram releases in the past few years

I starting to get beef with these overproduced tunes that have massive intros that dont mix well cause you get 3 mins of noise, then build up, then drum roll then silence then boom, more noise, zooming noises with a build up of kicks then a anti-climax of a drop. Guys like phace, misanthrop, upbeats noisia and calyx n teebee are big on it, they just dont sit well in a mix imo

5/10 tunes, pretty generic imo but quite right in its better then almost all ram releases in the past few years

I starting to get beef with these overproduced tunes that have massive intros that dont mix well cause you get 3 mins of noise, then build up, then drum roll then silence then boom, more noise, zooming noises with a build up of kicks then a anti-climax of a drop. Guys like phace, misanthrop, upbeats noisia and calyx n teebee are big on it, they just dont sit well in a mix imo

each to their own, but saying tunes like dustup, desert orgy, amboss etc have anti-climactic drops... naaaa .

love the release, possibly prefer stepping stones (maybe because it hasn't been rinsed already)

They make music for it to be listened to and not mixed imo. Annoying i know but you can hardly fault them. Just the tunes that dont sound as good double dropped

Scavenger is sick, been waiting for it for ages! I would really like to get this on vinyl but was wondering if you guys thinks it will come out on their LP release too? Don't wanna be buying twice if you know what I mean? Might still get it though, Stepping Stones is big too!

Scavenger is sick, been waiting for it for ages! I would really like to get this on vinyl but was wondering if you guys thinks it will come out on their LP release too? Don't wanna be buying twice if you know what I mean? Might still get it though, Stepping Stones is big too!

The LP is coming out on Ram now so I very much doubt they will put it on both the sampler and the album

Yeah that generally never happens. Bit of a waste to release a song twice on vinyl when many other tunes won't even make it to wax at all.

I've got this on vinyl twice, single sided sampler for the Blazin' LP and on the LP itself, but yes a rare occurance and mighty pointless really!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom