RAM RECORDS ACQUIRED BY SONY BMG

Finally it happened. Now this is interesting for me since, I'm an investor as well.

First and foremost, IT IS NOT PART of Sony, but of a German multinational called
Bertelsmann SE & Co KGaA: http://www.bertelsmann.com/#st-1

They are a private company and to be perfectly honest looking at their data, they might actually help RAM.

and please don't bitch because RAM was bought by a private company, this will always take place in the future and in my opinion, it is about time, that D&B has a label that has a global market presence. All other genres have at least one, (even ffs techno which I consider more 'underground' than D&B)

Don't know where the guy who wrote the original story got Sony BMG from as that finished in 2008, BMG sold its half to Sony. But it is the same company BMG stood for Bertlesmann Group.

Completely irrelevant though as they have none of the artists that I'm thinking the author was making us believe Ram had joined

it is about time, that D&B has a label that has a global market presence. All other genres have at least one, (even ffs techno which I consider more 'underground' than D&B)

Please enlighten me here. Which are the techno/house labels that have been bought by majors? And in what sense will that change their "global market presence"?
If anything a major is growing which is the complete opposite of good, actually it helps making a bigger monopoly. think of local markets vs big food companies - not a good progression IMO.
I still have my doubts about "mainstream" helping the actual scene. Still need proof of people that heard Sigma and got into the scene. IMO If anything the Sigma people will listen to the Avici's and other mainstream acts that get radio play and I feel like that will happen to RAM more and more. See Netsky.

Please enlighten me here. Which are the techno/house labels that have been bought by majors? And in what sense will that change their "global market presence"?
If anything a major is growing which is the complete opposite of good, actually it helps making a bigger monopoly. think of local markets vs big food companies - not a good progression IMO.
I still have my doubts about "mainstream" helping the actual scene. Still need proof of people that heard Sigma and got into the scene. IMO If anything the Sigma people will listen to the Avici's and other mainstream acts that get radio play and I feel like that will happen to RAM more and more. See Netsky.

by global presence I mean market dominance; when you think of a market, which is the first the company that pops in mind. For example, Spinnin recs. is a by-word for big room house, or Circus for brostep (if it is still called that) . My mistake is of mentioning techno as an example.

If a major is growing, it is not making a bigger monopoly, it is just eating market dominance over its competitors (which is called a oligopoly in this case) who in my opinion (for RAM) are Hospital, 3Beat and Shogun. It doesn't mean that the others are suffering due to this, they either go along RAM or learn from them to be 'better'.

Using your analogy of local markets vs big food companies doesn't make really sense, because they are two 'different' markets as such.

What you need to remember is that this move by RAM will not actually help us (the proper headz so to speak). If you read correctly, BMG will push their independence not their genre (paraphrasing a lot here) so in actual fact the our scene won't gain anything substantially. What I can't understand is why you want help in the actual scene? We survive more with labels like Samurai and Exit more than with Hospital and RAM imo and this preception of mainstreaming something helps the 'unknown' is very wrong (it only works with problems and difficulties not music lol)

Bertelsmann won´t help RAM, Bertelsmann only helps Bertelsmann.

German media giant Bertelsmann has admitted it lied about its Nazi past and that it made big profits during Adolf Hitler's reign in Germany using Jewish slave labour.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2308415.stm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eamonnf...-ill-for-american-press-freedom/#544209984119

..is part of the Bertelsmann Foundation, which has lobbied since the mid-1990s for the introduction of tuition fees.

https://www.timeshighereducation.co...rmanys-fee-foes-claim-victory/2003928.article

They are basically Germany´s Rupert Murdoch and an anarchocapitalist think tank, their tv stations are spreading idiocracy.

They oppose minimum wages, social security, unemployment benefits, protection against dismissal, fuck..the whole welfare system.

They have a massive influence in german politics..for the worst.

You know, Andy C doesn´t give a fuck and probably a lot of you guys don´t as well because, hey..that´s a music forum, thousand years ago, that guy again with his communist bullshit and so on..but that´s Bertelsmann.

Fuck them.

What he's trying to say is Ram are basically Hitler.

Nobody likes Hitler.

Bertelsmann won´t help RAM, Bertelsmann only helps Bertelsmann.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2308415.stm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eamonnf...-ill-for-american-press-freedom/#544209984119

https://www.timeshighereducation.co...rmanys-fee-foes-claim-victory/2003928.article

They are basically Germany´s Rupert Murdoch and an anarchocapitalist think tank, their tv stations are spreading idiocracy.

They oppose minimum wages, social security, unemployment benefits, protection against dismissal, fuck..the whole welfare system.

They have a massive influence in german politics..for the worst.

You know, Andy C doesn´t give a fuck and probably a lot of you guys don´t as well because, hey..that´s a music forum, thousand years ago, that guy again with his communist bullshit and so on..but that´s Bertelsmann.

Fuck them.
sounds grim :-/

Does this mean RAM will now be putting subliminal messages in their videos and track titles? (not that they haven't done that before... :rolleyes:)

Bertelsmann HQ, screenshot taken during the negotiations (streamed by RT)

hqdefault.jpg

by global presence I mean market dominance; when you think of a market, which is the first the company that pops in mind. For example, Spinnin recs. is a by-word for big room house, or Circus for brostep (if it is still called that) . My mistake is of mentioning techno as an example.

If a major is growing, it is not making a bigger monopoly, it is just eating market dominance over its competitors (which is called a oligopoly in this case) who in my opinion (for RAM) are Hospital, 3Beat and Shogun. It doesn't mean that the others are suffering due to this, they either go along RAM or learn from them to be 'better'.

You mean to sell more records and "sell out"? So basically we will be hearing more of the same?

Menosance said:
Using your analogy of local markets vs big food companies doesn't make really sense, because they are two 'different' markets as such.

Why not? Big companies buy small market leaders. It happens everywhere in the world in all markets and it only leads to big companies getting bigger. If companies are big it tends to pay huge salaries for top managers while most staff is getting a minimum wage. Lot's of control from a small group who'd define the music we listen? Not all are like that but that's just my view of the world, maybe I'm wrong?

Menonsance said:
What you need to remember is that this move by RAM will not actually help us (the proper headz so to speak). If you read correctly, BMG will push their independence not their genre (paraphrasing a lot here) so in actual fact the our scene won't gain anything substantially. What I can't understand is why you want help in the actual scene? We survive more with labels like Samurai and Exit more than with Hospital and RAM imo and this preception of mainstreaming something helps the 'unknown' is very wrong (it only works with problems and difficulties not music lol)

So I'm reading alot of "this will help the scene bring in more people so d&b grows as a whole" is actually bullshit according to you?

Having been a lifelong fan of Ram records even I've had enough! Boring music which at best lasts a few plays before being deleted from my drive.
A real shame as i always backed them up when criticism arose on these forums, maybe I'm just an old git now living too much in the past haha!

Hopefully it's just an acquisition driven by a desire to capture a greater market, not to change the market or what it gives the "consumers" (I know some won't want to be called that).

Most def..Bertelsram will sign any Liquicity/UKF clones out there and establish a big pile of edam that kills all other dnb. All YouTube channels will be merged and from now on will be called RAMtv.

Andy C will play any EDM-Oktoberfest out there before the launch of their very own RAM - o - Caust festival.

Two months later he commits suicide by running into Goldie who obviously had a big set of stairs behind him.

Hitler appoints RAMeses B new boss of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom