RAM @ Matter, 5th June.

ye was a heavy nite! first time ive been matter and hands down i was really impressed with the layout and the sound systems in both rooms! i loved the way that their was speakers dotted about all over the club on all levels so you got an equal sound all over!! and that little dance floor on the top level with the blue lights was wikkid! tha sound up there was CRISP!!!

alix and spec were deep on the main dancefloor, near the back where the bass was comin thru the stage!!

sub focus was a wikd set for me as he brought me up!!! rock it into cant memba the name then reloaded and teased voodoo people or blood suga, cnt mema which one was too out me head jumpin around like a madman!! he also dropped some other tune and it seriously made my face tingle!!!

like most people already sed randalls set smashed up tha place!! always got some bangin tunes and rollin vibes.

went to see bengas intro in the 2nd room which was odd but kinda in a good way... he played the first 2 notes of the little catchy synth in night and then looped that over and over but in time and then mixxed some otha bass heavy tune with a vocal similar to in for the kill skream which everyone was boppin about to.... then he just dropped 26 basslines in and everyone hits the roof!! got a video clip of it but sounds a bit horrid due to serious speaker system and a weak microphone on me phone camera hah

andys set was obviously without a doubt badboi!!! done all the mixes hes been cainin recently and a load of new ones.. a few people mentioned some further up but the one for me was midnight and hush hush!!! i just went fukin insane!

had to check out krust and die so missed a bit of andy towards the end. was so much cooler in the 2nd room i was propa brockin out to the older vibes as they was playin an oldskl set!! dropped clear skyz orig along with all the other ones but by this time i was in no state to be namein choons! lol

Went back in to main room to see ed rush and optical which was possibley the best set of the night.. ye obvs andys set was serious!!! but hes always serious so it didnt stand out as much as tha virus bois!! every tune they played was pure dirt!! loads of new stuff aswell which im now waiting on!!

all in all was a fukin heavy nite and will def go again soon.. not sure about the next ram but think i might check out the hospital nights there... what are mans saying on em?

oh and ye got there and back on the trains from chelmsford in essex for about £6 in all kos we knew someone at the ticket gates. fukin result!!

im not 100% but think ic3 was over sub focus and randall, gq over andy and dynamite over either ed rush and c&s or earlier on over shy fx and alix + spec...

Some pics...

4744_222197870472_592125472_7281113_6359100_n.jpg

n592125472_7281109_6113036.jpg

4744_222197815472_592125472_7281108_3756759_n.jpg

profile.php

4555_1097009980303_1078216363_30248982_947373_n.jpg

Safety, I liked your jacket ;)

it really liked you too.

just wanted to say safety*, was super nice meeting you, you have the biggest smile ever !

i think boudi might have something to say about that

Safety, you're wicked!

you too, and you're super butch boyfriend. did you two stay on the second floor all night?

. Lastly big ups to Safety (really nice bloke)

you too al, even better looking in person, but what happened to you lot i hardly saw you about all night?

i had a great time meeting everyone, but i feel like a charlatan talking to you on the internet again. i'm dissapointed a didn't flirt with rocksteady a bit more, but i got ever so star struck and then ever so wasted. i had a right fucking dance though. andy c nearly lost me when he played racing green, i just thought 'not cool andy, very not cool' but he won me over with his last forty minutes. and ed rush and opticals intro was quality, better than andy c's, i thought, not that i remember either of them now.

it really liked you too.

you too, and you're super butch boyfriend. did you two stay on the second floor all night?

you too al, even better looking in person, but what happened to you lot i hardly saw you about all night?

i had a great time meeting everyone, but i feel like a charlatan talking to you on the internet again. i'm dissapointed a didn't flirt with rocksteady a bit more, but i got ever so star struck and then ever so wasted. i had a right fucking dance though. andy c nearly lost me when he played racing green, i just thought 'not cool andy, very not cool' but he won me over with his last forty minutes. and ed rush and opticals intro was quality, better than andy c's, i thought, not that i remember either of them now.

ahahah! yeh man... was wicked meeting you bro!! i was pretty disapointed you didnt flirt with me either! :( i must wear less next time... maybe a mini skirt and a boob tube??

Yeh i dont think Andys set was that great it was sik dont get me wrong but it wasnt not the best of the night... although he had some pretty sik mixes... and i was proper impressed with his ability to use 3decks as if it was nothing.... in fact... most times it looked like he needed a 4th... my respect for the guy has grown massively though, he only used vinyl... which for a guy in his position it must be pretty hard to resist using CDs...

Ed Rush & Opticals sets was by far my fav.... they threw down some proper bombs and a few golden oldies aswell.. LOVED IT!!

I really dont know what all the fuss is with Randalls set though... really wasnt impressed with his set. In fact i think it was probably one of the worst sets of the night.

All in all... a fukin heavy night... Sub Focus played a really good set although i could have bet money on what he was going to intro with and finish on...

was wicked meeting everyone aswell... safety was the highlight of my evening by far!! hahaha

I think your smile rivals mine! It's massive! And yes we did mostly, Rhys likes perving on the dj's from above the booth. I'm sad I only saw you the once. :(

I think your smile rivals mine! It's massive! And yes we did mostly, Rhys likes perving on the dj's from above the booth. I'm sad I only saw you the once. :(

i saw you twice, because i spotted you and the big man perving on the djs from the second floor.

i saw you twice, because i spotted you and the big man perving on the djs from the second floor.

No you didn't, I did and then I told you :P

Yes, it was an amazing night! It was really nice seeing everyone again and meeting new people! I had one of the best ngihts I've had in ages! I don't really remember a lot about quite a few of the sets now though...but they were fun! :D

And I didn't get any sleep and then I went camping the next day, I'm so hardcore! hahaha

was a big night. deffinately one of the best venues in the uk. good sounds, great club, and vibes unlike any other. special mention for ed rush and optical. absloutely tore the roof off!

Highlights of the night for me included ...

Culture Shock in room 2, just wicked selection, played a couple dark bits which were really rollin and absolutely went off, and how could he ever go wrong when he played Druggy, Suprise, Bad Red, Rework, Piano Tune, Last Night, just a really really good selection if you like exceptionally produced music :)

Andy C highlights for me included "Dillinja - Watching You" near the start of his set, just came out of nowhere and I never expected him to play that, "Subfocus - Stomp" was just awesome as usual, but the biggest highlight of his set for me was when he dropped "Suprise" by Culture Shock and Furlonge after the second breakdown vocal of Midnight

The tune is so deep and rolling it's unbelievable, so much so Andy was wise enough to drop it in on its own and just let it play for a couple of minutes without even mixing anything with it, and we all know how much Andy loves a mix :) Anyway from the moment it dropped I was in another world, no bigger tune out there for me right now!

All in all a wicked night can't wait until next time :)

my respect for the guy has grown massively though, he only used vinyl... which for a guy in his position it must be pretty hard to resist using CDs...

I'm pretty sure he did use the cd decks at some point, or he just took a cd out of one for no reason... Sorry to burst your bubble lol..

Back
Top Bottom