RAM @ Matter 5/2/10

A dnb head moaning about too much bass lol

Haha, I've just noticed it at the last few Ram/Hospitality nights. That system used to sound immense when I first went there but recently It seems like the bass levels are up too high so it's just overload, can barely hear melodies and everything seems to distort :S Thought it could just be drunken me but everyone I was with noticed it as well to be fair.

best andy set EVER!
and the usual things like too crowded over priced blah blah
wont be going to ram for a while now. Always a dissapoinment in the end and spend too much money.

Allways feel like this when going to RAM, Saturday morning waking up and realising how much I spent, and was it all really worth it. Normally the answer is no, hence y i hvnt been since july

Didn't think the sound was too bad, much worse at the xmas one. I know it shouldn't but it might just be where you are in the club, as at the front of the stage it was going off!

Went to the xmas one and the sound was shit. Especially after Id told my mates how good it was, I looked like a tit!

Good night, but deffo not worth the money / travelling

The overcrowdedness is just rediculous!

Is hospitality always that crammed?

Allways feel like this when going to RAM, Saturday morning waking up and realising how much I spent, and was it all really worth it. Normally the answer is no, hence y i hvnt been since july

You go to sleep after....weak!

;)

Good night, but deffo not worth the ravelling

From Essex to the Dome aint that far at all where ever in Essex you are.

Me and my pals have driven to the the four corners of England for nights out, the journey to and from is all part of the night imo and can be just as good as the club/rave.

Had some proper funny/weird/mad/dangerous times going to and from Raves.

Last edited:
Completely this. The stairs by the toilets were absolutely ridiculous. Far too packed.

Andy absolutely smashed it though, had a great selection. Really liked his mix of neo with full circle. Culture Shock's set was pretty good, the second tune he played after hyper hyper was heavyy, no idea what it was tho.. Lenzman and Total Science and SPY in room 2 were also good.

Not sure what that second was either but the guy who made it was stood next to me when it dropped and started going mental (in a good way). Its been signed to Viper but being the genius i am i didn't ask who he was or what it was called.

That was my first time at Ram and agree with everyone. Andy smashed it but was to packed so spent most of the night on the second or third balcony, lurking and trying to chat up Riisu.

Went to the xmas one and the sound was shit. Especially after Id told my mates how good it was, I looked like a tit!

Good night, but deffo not worth the money / travelling

The overcrowdedness is just rediculous!

Is hospitality always that crammed?

If anything sometimes they can be worse, as they actually have the DJ & MC performing on the main stage, as opposed to Ram when they cram everyone in the DJ box.

Fackin nightmare tbh.

A dnb head moaning about too much bass lol

They won't do it due to licensing.

Please explain to me how Artists are able to do radio mixes and one nation are allowed to release cd packs, but label nights arnt allowed to?
Renegade harware even did cd packs.
Please explain in full detail why RAM and Hospitality dont release this

Last edited:
From Essex to the Dome aint that far at all where ever in Essex you are.

Me and my pals have driven to the the four corners of England for nights out, the journey to and from is all part of the night imo and can be just as good as the club/rave.

Had some proper funny/weird/mad/dangerous times going to and from Raves.

Yeh It was a laugh on the way down there, back was shit though. Its the money more than anything I dont wanna pay £40 train tickets, £15 to get in, £5.50 for a drink to be crammed in and for the sound system to be shit.

Im not loaded, and you dont get that sense of "Yeh it was all worth it!" like you do after festivals.

Yeh It was a laugh on the way down there, back was shit though. Its the money more than anything I dont wanna pay £40 train tickets, £15 to get in, £5.50 for a drink to be crammed in and for the sound system to be shit.

Im not loaded, and you dont get that sense of "Yeh it was all worth it!" like you do after festivals.

Clubs like that are always going to be expensive. I try to get nice and tanked up before I head in.

I agree with everyone about numbers tho, they sell far to many tickets. After about 12 it just isn't worth going on the main dance floor unless you wanna be squashed in

I'm sure it's got worse over time though. I remember the first Ram I went to it was really busy but there was always room to move around, and if the main dancefloor was to packed the one on the third floor always had a bit of space.

Please explain to me how Artists are able to do radio mixes and one nation are allowed to release cd packs, but label nights arnt allowed to?
Please explain in full detail

the cd packs from the events are basically bootlegs from what i've read on other forums

they aint allowed to put them out they record the sets without the dj's consent and then bootleg them

every track on those packs should be licensed properly and royaltys paid on them

next time u want to buy a cd pack DONT just download it for free as they are illigal and serve no purpose other than ripping off producers and filling promoters pockets with money

radio mixes are fair enough as radios have to pay performing rights for every track played (allthough internet stations have not been regulated on this yet but it will only be a matter of time)

cd's like nightlife are professionally licensed and pay the producers for the tracks used

Please don't take this an offial RAM statement, because its not lol

RAM wont release CD packs, never have never will I think. There's licensing issues, copy write issues , making sure artists get paid etc. There's been debates about CD packs for years, as why do One Nation get away with it etc. Cant really comment on what they do.

It's a good thing RAM don't do CD packs imo, so you wanna hear Andy smash it or the latest RAM dubplate? Then go to RAM ;)

All these sets get ripped, uploaded for free, clips made from them. Which can and does, make music turn old very quickly. Some stuff Andy & co is playing is in early stages or might not ever come out.

I think it would take away some of the magic of the night if they released any CD packs. If you wanna experience the set get down there yourself!

Back
Top Bottom