RAM @ MATTER 3rd APRIL

the moshing is rediculous..

i got pushed into someone who was blatantly angry and coked up.. he tried having a go at me... he then stumbled into someone and turned and had a go at them for hitting into him! raised fists and all...

tosser was standing in the MIDDLE of room 1, what do you expect!!

Yeah the moshing was something I though I would never see at a Ram night. I suppose Ram nights are becoming a victim of its own success.

wicked night all in all. i just love cotching above the booth in room 1 on the 2nd floor balcony. sound is good up there too. plus you just get to start in disbelief at andy c for 2 hours (y)

thought he was good over all, agree with al tho. few too many mixes from the time before. bit of a shame really. still, tip top performance as ever.

i thought roni was good, but again. still doing some mixes from like 2/3 years ago. BUT, that the nine/planet dust/snapshot/signal tease routine he does never gets old. absolutly love it.

end of culture shock was cool. chase and status were bareable - SO much more of a better idea having them on early in the night. it's always a buzzkill when they're on after andy.

subfocus was below par i think, didn't seem to be into it as he usually is. using loads of cds as well, so probably just testing out some new tunes from the album?

break. absolutly rolling business and it was a pleasure hearing his tunes on the matter system. the drone :rinsed: wickedwickedwicked.

hype, blah.

nice to meet all the heads i hadn't before and all the ones i have. shouts to each and every one of you, you all know who you are. maahoooosssiiiveee respectisms.

roll on june.

my only gripe is that there's far too many gurners and fuckheads. seemed to be a massive influx than last time. maybe people unfortunatly wised up and came along. bit of a shame. wasn't bubbling as the first one.

ahhhhh yeah man. you know. personal fave that one, never leaves the bag. stuck it in a little mix me and fazer have done for a forthcommin podcast. fucking LOVE IT.

gurners and fuckheads. .

I'll reply the same reply to this as i did with on of Chloe's posts......gurners and fuckheads are part and parcel of the scene, always have been and always will be.

I can't get my head round it when people say 'too many druggies in there' or 'everyone's off their tit's' in clubs/raves.........thats what it's all about for many people......Music+Drugs+Friends=Good Times :wave:

ah, no man. i totally understand.

but it just seems lately there's been a higher concentration of it. i mean, i recall people doing drugs in any club i've been to, but there was always a happy vibe about it. you know. reach for the lazers, safe as fuck and all that. everybody is each others brother.

but it just seemed like there was a real rude edge to it. you know what i mean... people getting fucked for the sake of getting WELL fucked. and i wouldn't wana hug the guy next to me for the fear of getting beaten up.

they don't seem to be getting buzzing to add to the night and have a good time - which is what i've only ever really done.

i've never gone out and got mashed off my face to use it as an excuse to start shit.

this is also why i used to prefer shogun to ram @ the end. because that sorta attitude wasn't on show or tollerated at shogun at all. it's always seemed to be part and parcal of the ram thing.

i've never gone out and got mashed off my face to use it as an excuse to start shit.

Same here mate, i don't think i'd be capable of starting shit if i was nutted and that way inclined.

I really really really have never got my head round why people pay to get into a club/rave to fuck with people or to mug them, dont they realise can do that shit on the street for free.....fucking mugs, stay at home.

Last edited:
ah, no man. i totally understand.

but it just seems lately there's been a higher concentration of it. i mean, i recall people doing drugs in any club i've been to, but there was always a happy vibe about it. you know. reach for the lazers, safe as fuck and all that. everybody is each others brother.

but it just seemed like there was a real rude edge to it. you know what i mean... people getting fucked for the sake of getting WELL fucked. and i wouldn't wana hug the guy next to me for the fear of getting beaten up.

they don't seem to be getting buzzing to add to the night and have a good time - which is what i've only ever really done.

this is also why i used to prefer shogun to ram @ the end. because that sorta attitude wasn't on show or tollerated at shogun at all. it's always seemed to be part and parcal of the ram thing.

There are always going to be fuck heads at raves but it is a shame to see more and more going to nights like Ram. I was chatting to a dude at work the other day and he was saying he is going to Transmission to get pissed and pilled up. I asked him which dj's were playing and he didnt have a clue. Raves like Transmission are perfect for people like him as its not all about the music. Ram always used to be like that, focused on the music. I used to go to the end regulary between 2001-2003. The vibe was always awesome and no agro. Matter is an amazing club, my favourite at the moment, however the amount of knobs or birds in high heels was ridiculous.
If people are still after the partying with your brothers atmosphere, go to Hospitality.

Where was all these bad vibes? I didn't see any? Up on the stage it was all love... :love:

I saw a kid as I was leaving who was off his fucking face, standing there with his top off rubbing his nipples as his jaw was going warp speed. So funny!!!

There are always going to be fuck heads at raves but it is a shame to see more and more going to nights like Ram. I was chatting to a dude at work the other day and he was saying he is going to Transmission to get pissed and pilled up. I asked him which dj's were playing and he didnt have a clue. Raves like Transmission are perfect for people like him as its not all about the music. Ram always used to be like that, focused on the music. I used to go to the end regulary between 2001-2003. The vibe was always awesome and no agro. Matter is an amazing club, my favourite at the moment, however the amount of knobs or birds in high heels was ridiculous.
If people are still after the partying with your brothers atmosphere, go to Hospitality.

i went to the last hospitality and it was defo more aggy than at both ram nights. i thought the opposite would be true but the main differences were:
1. there was less room to dance because the stage was being used.
2. there were more couples there than at ram, more birds pushing through with blokes following em, i knocked into 1 bird apologised and immediately was faced with some bloke giving me the 1000 mile stare - not the one.
imo ram had a much better atmosphere/vibe than hospital.

Its true, some people go to d&b nights purely as an opportunity to take drugs as it is acceptable in the environment. Whereas I may take something to keep me up so I don't feel too knackered to hear my favourite music late in the night. At Ram, all I had was a 6th of a gram of MD (a half g was split three ways), and I did my 6th at two different points in the night. Thats such a minimal amount really, but feeling sober it allowed me to take in a lot of the rave and its such a different vibe to The End.

When moving in and out of the main room at The End I would hug or hi5 pretty much everyone I passed. Sometimes you would actually had to, they wouldnt let you passed otherwise haha. But at this night there was less of that, it was more head down and power through to wherever you want to go and try and avoid all the mosh pits and dickheads who were fucked with no consideration for others.

At one point I was standing and vibing in a group of about 8 of us, and suddenly this bloke came flying backwards right through all of us on to the floor. There was some kind of fight or moshpit. It does detract from the vibe of the night with this kind of stuff.

I think this issue, twinned with getting fed up with having to see Chase & Status and Sub Focus do the same set every time, means I won't go back to Ram in a hurry (even though Alix Perez b2b Spectrasoul would be huge - but its only one hour of the night, is it worth it?). I had fun, but I had more fun at Hospital and at all the old nights with the Ram lot at The End and even Fabric.

I think if a tune works well on the dancefloor then there's no reason why more than one dj on the night can't play it

I think its a good thing for the producers of a tune if its being played a couple times by different djs throughout the night

Spor must be thinking, wicked, look how much support from all the different djs in the scene my hard work (Aztec) is recieving, things really payed off on that one

Rather than everyone saying okay, this dj already played it so now im not going to

Which leaves old Spor thinking hmmm, yeah Aztec's doing okay, Culture Shock played it at Ram the other night, no one else did tho ...

Couldn't agree more mate, i wasn't complaining - was just agreeing with *Chloe when she said that there were alot of tunes played more than once.

I love Aztec & Act Like You Know, just got a little bit annoying after the 4th or 5th time, s'all good though!

This is LIES. :)

;)

I always find it hard to get into anyone's set after Andy's been on. He creates such anarchy that anything after him is such an anti climax.

:word:

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me on friday.

Plus the fact that i couldn't pull myself away from the front of the booth for almost the full 2 hours of his set - had to go and sit down for a while after that - think i'm getting old...

:rinsed:

Couldn't agree more mate, i wasn't complaining - was just agreeing with *Chloe when she said that there were alot of tunes played more than once.

I love Aztec & Act Like You Know, just got a little bit annoying after the 4th or 5th time, s'all good though!

;)

:word:

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me on friday.

Plus the fact that i couldn't pull myself away from the front of the booth for almost the full 2 hours of his set - had to go and sit down for a while after that - think i'm getting old...

:rinsed:

I guess its just all about how many times you can hear a certain tune in one night before you find it gets boring lol

I'm already getting kinda bored with Remember by Xample & Lomax, and that's scheduled for release in September according to Redone, it could end up being a long summer ... lol But that's just me not being a massive fan of the tune really, especially when its got such a long intro it just kinda drowns it out

I'd like to hear Andy just throw it in some time

ALSO

I am PISSED at that new vocal on Follow The Light, the original was probably my favourite Subfocus dub at the moment, but I can't stand that vocal

Back
Top Bottom