RAM Brixton Mix Competition – Russla

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Ez bitches.

Here's my entry for the Ramalam competition. Hope you enjoy this one, bit different from me as it's based around a warm up set rather than party bangers from the offset!

DOWNLOAD:

https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/1...&oauth_token=1-16343-357207-a63671e3040768abc

Lynx - Therapy
>> Andy C & Shimon - Quest
Spectrasoul - Sometimes We Lie (DLR Remix)
>> Harvest - Militant
Light Of Night - Let It Be
Technimatic - Intersection
>> High Contrast- If We Ever
Breach - Jack (Calibre Remix)
Silent Type - All I Want
Villem & McLeod - Another Star
Nymfo - Suddenly VIP
Fearful - Hypoxia
Quartz - Bone Marrow
Stone & Gerra - Crimson
Rido - Core
Homemade Weapons - Slivers VIP
Rawtekk - Photone Recruits
Zero T - Dog Pad Remix (Kolectiv Rmx)
Break - Steam Train
>> Need For Mirrors - Odd Future
Enei - Mosquito
>> Habitat - Holdin' It Down
Xtrah - Contortion
Optiv & BTK - Inception (Maztek Rmx)
>> Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl
>> Ed Rush & Optical - Watermelon
DBR UK & AMC - Quiet Storm
Agressor Bunx - Tornado
>> Konichi - Helense VIP
Nymfo & Black Sun Empire - Battlefish
Mortem - Malfunction
Matrix & InsideInfo - Quattro
>> Gridlok & Prolix - Membrane
Monista - Instinct
Emperor & Centra - Solar
Dexcell - Watch Out
>> Noisia & Mayhem feat. KRS One - Exodus
Friction - 3rd Degrees Gurn VIP
Konichi - What Can We Do
Friction & K.TEE - Back To Your Roots

Last edited:
sick intro man, i dig

27 mins in so far, can't complain, very nice progression and selection, lotsa tunes i play myself, tight mixing, tight eq'ing

oh yeah, been rocking that steam train - dog pad (zero-t reprint) drop myself, just a lil different hehe :D

quiet storm inception remix is sick, like that a lot

usually i'm no fan of 3 tunes at the same time but you managed that very well with tornado, battlefish and malfunction, very nice leveling there man (y)

not particulary a fan of the outro, matter of taste though :D

very good mix man, well structured, nice progression, almost no slips and good equing

keep it up

Ah safe as fook for checking mate and the feedback! The outro is just a novelty swing of cheese lol!

Glad you liked the rest tho! Big up!

Yo! Quality mix sir :) Quick summary on my fav bits

Nymfo - Suddenly VIP

Mids of Another star growling through alongside that rolling bassline of Suddenly VIP. Sounded good man

Sounded good together as the tracks were 'talking' to each other if you know what I mean? The relentless bass of Watermelon calling those Mids of Inception

Nice mix and good luck !

Yo! Quality mix sir :) Quick summary on my fav bits

Nymfo - Suddenly VIP

Mids of Another star growling through alongside that rolling bassline of Suddenly VIP. Sounded good man

Sounded good together as the tracks were 'talking' to each other if you know what I mean? The relentless bass of Watermelon calling those Mids of Inception

Nice mix and good luck !

Thanks for checking man! Yeh actively tried to get the tracks to work well together in that sense - glad you noticed :)

Bumpo on this as not long left til the comp ends :) Thanks to anyone that's listened already!

Checked this today Russ! Needed a kick up the arse...certainly was that.
For a warmup set was pretty lively I must say.

Fav bits

Break - Steam Train
Enei - Mosquito
Xtrah - Contortion

Just straight up incredible section.

Emperor & Centra - Solar
Dexcell - Watch Out

BIG.

Really weren't any faults. Maybe some sections or tunes I wasn't keen on but that's just taste tbh.

Certainly a quality entry. Technical ability is high. (y)

Checked this today Russ! Needed a kick up the arse...certainly was that.
For a warmup set was pretty lively I must say.

Fav bits

Break - Steam Train
Enei - Mosquito
Xtrah - Contortion

Just straight up incredible section.

Emperor & Centra - Solar
Dexcell - Watch Out

BIG.

Really weren't any faults. Maybe some sections or tunes I wasn't keen on but that's just taste tbh.

Certainly a quality entry. Technical ability is high. (y)

Safe as fook for the feedback mate! Hoping it suits everyone's taste :) you got any mixes up atm?

Russla you badman, this looks like a nasty TL.

Cheers Hab, hope you enjoy!

will definitly have to give this a check, good luck in the comp man and will post feedback as soon as possible

Thanks man, look forward to your feedback boss!

I just started to take a listen. good luck in the comp. how many listens have you got so far? I remember they wanted mixes to have at least a decent number of likes/listens. I will log in to mixcloud n show some love if that helps, lol.

Safe as fook for the feedback mate! Hoping it suits everyone's taste :) you got any mixes up atm?

It's nothing mang. Listen to a lot on here, especially don't mind leaving some thoughts when its decent.

No knew mixes at the moment but will should have something up soonish and will point you in the direction of it. (y)

I just started to take a listen. good luck in the comp. how many listens have you got so far? I remember they wanted mixes to have at least a decent number of likes/listens. I will log in to mixcloud n show some love if that helps, lol.

Cheers mate! I've got like 430 odd now, think it's the 6th most played so well up there. Thanks for the favouriting, it deffo helps!

It's nothing mang. Listen to a lot on here, especially don't mind leaving some thoughts when its decent.

No knew mixes at the moment but will should have something up soonish and will point you in the direction of it. (y)

Wicked man look forward to hearing it!

Really solid mix, man. I was listening to this whilst doing yardwork and didn't have the tracklist in front of me, which actually helped as it made me want to know what certain tunes were. It also likely helped the mood of the competition, as this is supposed to be the sort of set you spin at the opening of a RAM night. Gotta say that the DLR Remix at the beginning was really effing solid, man. I liked the tease with Quest before but that tune really got me moving. When it moved into the Light of Night tune, that was also wicked.

I liked how there was a really solid progression upward in energy throughout the whole thing. Tunes like the Intersection helped build the vibe up proper nicely, while others like Another Star -> Suddenly VIP would certainly get the crowd stepping heavily. Really loved the section that was: Slivers VIP -> Photon -> Dog Pad -> Steam Train. Like the last tune in that mix, it all built up proper well and rolled forward head-on towards some serious energy.

Love the teases. The double ER&O tease on the Inception Remix was heavy as. Also didn't know Helense VIP has come out? Big riddims on that one! Quattro -> Membrane -> Instinct -> Solar was ABSOLUTELY MAD! Lost my shit totally to that bit! And the outro was full of a strong mix of old school flavor, new school energy, and exactly what you need to get properly warmed up for some RAM dancefloor vibes.

VERY Strong contender here, Russla. You should be exceptionally proud of how this one was put together.

Back
Top Bottom