Ram.. am i going mad???

The Icicle tune is great .. just listened to it again.. big tune... Icicle is a genius. His production is great.

Yeah i know Screamer is a VIP (and i know what a VIP is.. ;) lol ) but I remember that tune from my last year of uni just as mainstream dnb was in its last leg of being good lol..... I understand why they did the VIP to keep reinvent it for current trends but it has all those nasty sounds in it... just sounds gross.

Smoothie is the tune I use the least, then again, I hardly play Dimentions 3 EP altogether. Definately a disapointment compared to the other two EP's, number 1 was definately my favorite.

It's all about the new Big Bad and Heavy EP, thats a rinser!

Eh? What yawl talkin about - I love the new dimensions EP, including the screamer remix - I loved the origional but felt that the production on it was a little mushy compared to current tunes, never felt the snares were quite as crisp as I like, so this is perfect... Love all the new midrange sounds on it too...

This is a definite stormer, OK it might not be quite up to 1&2, but they both had a couple of stone cold classics on, Heaven & Hell, Swamp Thing etc, but this is still four quality cuts in one place, and as we all know Ram have got some big, big tunes coming up soon...

Yeah i know Screamer is a VIP (and i know what a VIP is.. ;) lol ) but I remember that tune from my last year of uni just as mainstream dnb was in its last leg of being good lol..... I understand why they did the VIP to keep reinvent it for current trends but it has all those nasty sounds in it... just sounds gross.

He he. I like the original so much better, they've ruined it by 're-inventing' it & making it for current trends.
Tunes like 'Screamer' are timeless in my opinion. They don'r need to be made into a 'VIP'

imo the icicle tunes is the worst out the lot!
really like sreamer vip as screamer was once my fav tune!
brazil is good but not so good!
an smoothie is fuckin sick best tune on the ep imo!

but seriously that Screamer remix is the same except for some nasty frequencies and mid range shit.

thought the original was gash too dont see how it appeals there are much better samples.
none of the tunes on the ep appeal to me
hurt you and the xample bits were good tho. i rekon theres still plenty of wicked stuff to come, bring on the subfocus lp - bout fuckin time tho

Its kinda interesting how people get divided by something like this...its all about what you want from dnb... Screamer and Brazil are those dance floor go mental tracks and Franky Mountain has got that more solid skankin feel y'know... thats like the tunes i love.. i dont want to be sticking my hands in the air i want to be skankin to some dark bass with atmosphere.. ..

Iccile's production is soooo sick!

Screamer was good the first time around when i was more into that sound a few years ago... but i just love that minimal darkness and Icicle just hits the nail...

The thing about Brazil that is annoying i sthat its yet another one of these tunes wher the intro is diconnected from the tune.. like so many dancefloor tracks . you get this cool intro or usually cheesey intro and then this tune drops that has nothing to do with it... makes no sense to me...

Last edited:
franky mountain (i think thats what its called) and smoothie are both very good tunes, screamer vip is alright, but its been soooooo ragged, and to be honest, i ilke brazil, heavy heavy. thats my oipinion

RE: Ram ...am i going mad...possbily lol..

I agree with some of the other comments about the last RAM EP, the icicle tunes pure shite, Brazil's a phat tune, as for Sceamer..... if you play them both together from the start it's pretty much the same tune as the org' other than the phase 3 bars in. pretty poor on the whole.

Join the Dots and Timewarp is the next RAM 12", both tunes are heavy as, although they've been cained already+ there's Subfocuses album coming out soon, was sposed to be end of last month but.......and the other bits Subfocus has done, even if you don't like all of them the production is sick, he's a proper talent- check his myspace, he takes you through His production of Beats, Bass etc well worth watching..

as for Signal being the last phat tune, I'd strongly disagree what about Xample & Sol's Heaven + Hell, and Xamples other bits, Chase & Status dumpling riddim, Hurt You etc

Facade + the VIP are total bollocks, leave that kind of pants to the upbeats / Phace and the like......lol

U :miss_rep:

I have mixed feeling about this E.P. also.

Screamer - just a V.I.P. sounds like the original just updated.
(1st guy "so guys how are we going to make some cash"
2nd guy "just pick a good track from back in the days and make it a V.I.P.")
Smoothie - sounds like Matrix a track just rehashed.
Brazil - like lokki said the intro is disconnected from the rest of the track & it's O.K. - IMOP
Franky Mountain - :rambo: but you peeps do have to give Nympho some credit for this track also.It's not just Icicle.

Don't like anything on that EP. Infact, I haven't really liked anything out of Ram for the last 5 years or so, with the exception of 1 or 2 tunes. Andy and Ant need to pull their finger out and apply some quality control.

Actually, many of the big labels seem to have no quality control, Hospital are other examples of an overflow of shite. Could it be that our scene is fully changing for the worse and shite tunes are the flavor of the day, or could it be that money talks and shite tunes are easy to market to kids on pills?
I'm not saying there aren't good tunes out there, far from it. Its just that the big labels responsible for forming the scene years ago are now shit or bust. Ram, Moving Shadow, V Recordings, Hospital, Full Cycle, TOV/Renegade, the list goes on. The only ones I can think of that are still put something decent out are Metalheadz (even though they had a bit of a squiffy period just before their current resurgence) and Soul:R

My two cents.

Where have the glory days of the Ram trilogy stuff gone eh? The stuff was so hot. I listened to it again a few days ago.. those tunes were wicked.

the glory days were when ram trilogy, shimon and moving fusion were knocking tracks out on the label, but it's mainly other producers now. nevermind though*

Ram is still head and shoulders above any other label and is still setting the trend. There artists are experimenting with different styles which i think is a good thing. I heard a load of new Ram dubs at Culture Shocks the other day and there really is some exciting stuff to come from Ram from the likes of Subfocus, Chase and Status, Cultutre Shock, etc
It is a good idea for DJs to lock down new tunes for a while to create a buzz about the tune but I admit that some of the tunes stay on dub for too long and by the time thay get released some people have become tired of them which can jeapourdise the amount of units sold.
Everyones going to have their own opinion on tunes but i think Ram have predominantly got it spot on with releasing music that varied, has passed the quality control test and bringing through and developing new artists.

Ram is still head and shoulders above any other label and is still setting the trend. There artists are experimenting with different styles which i think is a good thing. I heard a load of new Ram dubs at Culture Shocks the other day and there really is some exciting stuff to come from Ram from the likes of Subfocus, Chase and Status, Cultutre Shock, etc
It is a good idea for DJs to lock down new tunes for a while to create a buzz about the tune but I admit that some of the tunes stay on dub for too long and by the time thay get released some people have become tired of them which can jeapourdise the amount of units sold.
Everyones going to have their own opinion on tunes but i think Ram have predominantly got it spot on with releasing music that varied, has passed the quality control test and bringing through and developing new artists.

:word:

Ram has always been the type of label to push boundaries, experiment with new sounds, artists, and styles, always keeping the dancefloor firmly in mind.

Not everyone is going to like everything that they release all of the time, if they did then that wouldn't be Ram...

Back
Top Bottom