Rain Of Possibilities

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by d'Art Fader, Apr 26, 2014.

1. d'Art Fader

d'Art Fader Member

2. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

getting better and better... the drums sound a bit repetitive to me almost randomly set out, mabye because they seem to be pitched high and running at 200bpm or something. still i like your ideas, i know you like the bukem sound and i think your headed in the right direction but i think the hardware setup you got is ideal for making some ambient new age BOC stuff aswell so why not try something a little more downtempo bring that bpm right down to 90 and experiment with your drums at that pitch. just so you are not experimenting with different drum patterns and i find 85 - 95 bpm to be the sweet spot for writing both ambient and drum and bass you just double time your kicks snares if you want dnb but its easier to program at that pitch, i find anywya

d'Art Fader likes this.
  3. d'Art Fader

d'Art Fader Member

for me, bpm has nothing to do with pitch, as I use hardware to sample the sounds, and MIDI to set the bpm.
    On this one I just played with the decay of the tones and tuned it way down.
    the only thing I take samples of from other people are vocals, but I am planning to just use my own voice instead.

But it's fun to take vocals from youtube vids. . .
    that library is endless, just process them with eq and compression.
    and add some reverb or something. I don't use my vocoder because, well, just don't, but should.

I experimented with delays to built grooves, but at the end, it's easier to just program notes.
    and maybe they seem to be random sometimes, but they are not. That is, if you hold on to the right groove.

The thing is, I want to bring real meaning into the lyrics, and don't really care for the music yet, I go for the quality thou, because that's the thing I am still learning.
    The compositions most of the time are just made in a few minutes. It's the mastering that I am worrying about, for styles come and go, but the skill to create clarity is more valuable, I think. So just try all kind of things and meanwhile get myself experience.
    But that classical oldskool breakbeat loop... I think most just sample or steal it. I won't do that, because I respect the one who made it. And the vocals.... a well, most artist just the work of others to make fame before they could even effort a musician. Because most vocalist don't even no how to record four notes in a row that has a nice harmony. They just sing a song a million times and cut away all the bad takes, and then they end up with just a few minutes of lyrics.

on the other hand... I could be a little nicer towards the artists :lol_board

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

i totally understand man... well i know little of how your using your hardware but the sound it produces is going wrong somewhere in terms of the mastering. dnt get me wrong i love the sound of proper hardware for instance my mate produced this sorta ambient hiphop track using old sampler and hardware and because its downtempo the analog sound suits it perfectly.

http://99percent.bandcamp.com/track/all-the-things-i-could-tell-you

your music reminds me of this but obviously you want the bukem feel and as said its progressing in that direction but not so crisp. in all honesty id just like to hear something a bit more downtempo from you to see how it sounds lol.

its all good man keep doing what your doing and ill do the same ;D

5. d'Art Fader

d'Art Fader Member

all good bro, don't spare me!
    but oke, let me get my head into downtempo, just to give you the proper respect.

I shall make a down tempo,
    I'll take the challenge and will deliver in a few days.
    I don't know yet where to begin, but like the idea.

big up!

d'Art

ManuForti likes this.
  6. Substrate

Substrate New Member

This track is certainly something different!.... i like the pad sequence kinda sound in the background..... it sounds abit like a glitch track....the drums sound like they need a bit of work but at least your making your beats from scratch by the sounds of things .....respect

If you get a chance check out my new EP called 'DROP'....you should like the tune 'Biosphere'...

http://www.soundcloud.com/substratednb

cheerz and all the best with your future productions!

peace.

7. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

Nice one BRUUUUVA