---RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE --- Rage against X-FACTOR ( F*CK YOU.. CRIMBO N0.1 )

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
not sure if this would ever happen, to many old people and x-factor fans.. but its worth a shot ...

whats the bet a band member of R.A.M. set up the facebook page..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2228594104&ref=mf&v=info

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE FOR CHRISTMAS NO.1

Fed up of Simon Cowell's latest karaoke act being Christmas No.1?

Me too... So who's up for a mass-purchase of the track 'KILLING IN THE NAME' from December 13th (DON'T BUY IT YET!) as a protest to the X-Factor monotony?

AGAIN DON'T BUY IT YET!
NO, REALLY DON'T BUY IT YET. IT WON'T COUNT!

Thanks to those of you who've mentioned us:
BBC 6MUSIC (Shaun Keaveny/Music Week), PHILL JUPITUS, BILL BAILEY, SKY NEWS, KERRANG!, JOHNNY LYDON (Sex Pistols/PIL), BBC RADIO 1, NME, YAHOO!, GIGWISE, DROWNED IN SOUND, CHANNEL 5, ORANGE NEWS, ENTER SHIKARI, FALL OUT BOY, XFM, ROSS NOBLE, SKIN, GRAHAM BONNET, PHANTOM FM Dublin, LENNY HENRY, BBC RADIO 5LIVE (Kate Silverton), JACK RYDER, NEIL BUCHANAN, TOM MALCOLM (Twestival), MARTINE McCUTCHEON, ANDY SCOTT-LEE, DARREN HAYES, FIGHTSTAR, MALCOLM MIDDLETON, GET CAPE WEAR CAPE FLY, MAGISTRATES, TONY RUDD

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
but are you gunna buy the song on or after the 13th ??

i cant see it being played on radio as crimbo no.1 to be fair.. whether it outsells x-factor or not..

nice idea tho

*SweetPea*

LADY VINYL
VIP Junglist
I saw this, and I think it's a great idea.

I'll buy it 3 times. Apparently any more than that and it doesn't count because it's too suspicious.

*Chloe

VIP Junglist
seems a bit silly to me, its just a number 1 single :S
and i agree with ethix a member probably set it up ! ahah

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
yea.. but then .. i do also listen to the radio at work everyday not out of choice, but because the father of the family i look after does..

so if i can get rid of some x-factor shit from being played every 2 seconds.. ill happily buy it .

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
ooohhh the irony
I was thinking of the irony of raging against the X factor machine, by buying into an organised campaign to mass buy RATM. That's ain't exactly independent thought is it, you'd just doing what 'they' told you, just it's a different 'they'...

What do you buy if you wanna rage against the RATM campaign?

Who gives a fook about the charts anyway?

CRoOK

Audio Artillery
VIP Junglist
im all up on this, defo need rage for xmas number 1, fuck x factor. finger crossed it works, i cant wait to see the look on the the sad x factor voting* cunts faces when Rage comes wailing over their picture boxes.

*me and smarty were discussing the voting thing the other day. realistically, they must already know the winner since the time from announcing the winner to the single being released is 1 week, surely not enough time to record, package, fill out necessary legal things etc etc etc for the single?

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
*me and smarty were discussing the voting thing the other day. realistically, they must already know the winner since the time from announcing the winner to the single being released is 1 week, surely not enough time to record, package, fill out necessary legal things etc etc etc for the single?
Cowell's got them all stiched up from soon as they appear on the show, it's sign or fuck off, all the legal stuff will be long sorted. They record and produce trx with all of them and only release the winner's. Also every winner seems to have their 1st video being mainly footage of their X-factor 'journey' (cringe), with a bit of new footage added in. Would take 1 day to shoot the new stuff, 2 days to edit.

Only real winner on the X-factor is Simon Cowell, wins every time and pockets cash on every record sold, and has management deals with all the runners-up, is still cashing in on JLS who didn't win, not to mention his sizable percentage from the phone vote millions. Smug wanker.

Edit: This was the best effort to derail X fuckers. Was No 2 or 3 in chart last chrissy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kmPz5IbU90

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZplUPSiYpQA

this for pisstaking X crap...

Last edited:

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
don't mean to piss on y'alls parade - but.

you do realise that both songs are released via Sony... so they're cashing in whatever you do.

nice protest vote there....

souljah

liquid lover...
VIP Junglist
im all up on this, defo need rage for xmas number 1, fuck x factor. finger crossed it works, i cant wait to see the look on the the sad x factor voting* cunts faces when Rage comes wailing over their picture boxes.

they both make the single then only one is released

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
if it pisses of simon cowell id buy the single, tbh though i think itl be a case of everyone will say oh yeah il do, then think actually i can't be bothered but its ok because everyone else will. Then no one does and it doesn't work.

edit: read this, very well written and explains just why you would buy the rage song...
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/mark-steel/mark-steel-help-save-christmas-from-the-dreaded-x-factor-1836608.html

or the view from the other camp...
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&title=rage_against_the_machine_for_christmas_n&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Last edited: