Radio Djing, want your tunes played?

Nautilus

Hello, my name is DJ CalmPete. I recently got certified to DJ at my college's radio station, WUNH-Durham 91.3. Sadly, about 80% of the music at this radio station is indie rock and like-minded music. Next week I start with a 4 hour set, and I don't want to be playing music I cannot stand.
So heres my request:
Any/all music you produced yourself, is unsigned, and I deem worthy of airtime (I am not narrow minded on music), I will be absolutely happy to play. In return I will give you shoutouts, as well as letting listeners know exactly where to listen to more of your tunes (soundcloud, etc.). Essentially I will give you promo even without a record deal.

If you want to get your tunes some airtime, you can either respond to this thread with a link to your music, PM me to send me music directly to my email, or hit me up on soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/nautilussix

I'm looking forward to hearing what you got!

www.soundcloud.com/thekilljoy

Some stuff on there for ya mate. PM me or shout back on this thread if you like it! I would upload some stuff but I'm not at home yet!

Got some more stuff on the way too. You got a slot on the regs or what? Oh yeah... Can we download the shows after they've been on air? Like a catch up sorta thing?

safenessssss an ting

its_a_trap.jpg

I promise you this is no gimmick. While the current setup the station has completely nullifies mixing (til I can get them to let me bring in my setup), I will be playing single tracks. As for being able to dl the session, I'll have to check on it. I know that they record and keep every minute of every day, so I'll see if they would let me burn a copy to share.

Was joking. But i admit that i don't like to give my tracks (even if they are shitty) to people i don't know.
Maybe later.

Cheers mate.

Hello, my name is DJ CalmPete. I recently got certified to DJ at my college's radio station, WUNH-Durham 91.3. Sadly, about 80% of the music at this radio station is indie rock and like-minded music. Next week I start with a 4 hour set, and I don't want to be playing music I cannot stand.
So heres my request:
Any/all music you produced yourself, is unsigned, and I deem worthy of airtime (I am not narrow minded on music), I will be absolutely happy to play. In return I will give you shoutouts, as well as letting listeners know exactly where to listen to more of your tunes (soundcloud, etc.). Essentially I will give you promo even without a record deal.

If you want to get your tunes some airtime, you can either respond to this thread with a link to your music, PM me to send me music directly to my email, or hit me up on soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/nautilussix

I'm looking forward to hearing what you got!

hahah, that sounds a lot like the school i go to. indie rock everywhere... bleh.

anyway here's my soundcloud, it's got hip-hop and dnb remixes mostly: http://soundcloud.com/foozball

disregard the 1st two tracks on there, as one is just a beat in progress and the other is an old 30 min. dnb mix i did.

everythin else is remixes, and one was released on Fizx-Recordings as part of an ep. just check track descriptions.

The quality of some of this music is unreal! Its truly amazing how much good music is out there that goes unsigned.

why has it got to be unsigned stuff? can't I send already signed stuff???!! :smashed:
If you want to, id be more than happy to play it. I'm not expecting masses of people to listen on the first session of it though, so I figured people with unsigned tracks would be more prone to sharing, especially when I haven't established my name on this site yet. I will be burning CD's for review tomorrow, but i'm willing to take whatever anyone has and try and get air time!

Last edited:
Maybe you like this one: http://soundcloud.com/locust-1/gorillaz-feel-good-inc-locust-remix
If you like it, please leave a comment or so...DL is enabled ;)

I'm much more in love with your latest track..."Dreaming,". Please take no offense, I just don't think the remix fits with the current program. Thank you for the offer though! Much appreciated!

To others who I have not contacted for copies: although I haven't selected any of your songs, keep up the excellent work! Everyone here has a very unique sound!

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

So far this is my tracklist, we shall see what the musical director says:
Toronto is Broken - Forever With You
Toronto is Broken - From Another World
Jane Maximova - Skiff(Mono5pace Remix)
Livewire - Mixed Up
Pendulum - The Island (Livewire Remix)
Livewire/Indivision - Sunrise
Indivision - Don't Leave Me
Fake Blood - I Think I Like it (Dexcell Remix)
Kaiori Breathe - Nobody will ever love you (Kesek Remix)
Kinetics - Moving On
Kinetics - Truth (ft. Emily Richards)
Oscillist - (A solid handful from him)
Critical Waves - Trouble
Override - Night Night
Override & J.Anonymous - Contact High
Queensway - Darlin'
Tomek N - Andromeda
Tomek N - Nanotube
Telefon Tel Aviv - The Birds(Tomek N Bootleg)
Topic - Kickflip
Blu Mar Ten - Believe Me (Ekol Remix)
K-O's - Sunday Morning (Phetsta Remix)
Subclash - Afterlife
Subclash - Lil' Japan
DevZ - Something New
DevZ - I Ain't Got Time
Soso - Sleepless In Tokyo
Miusha - Out of Mind (Implex and Spherique Remix)
The Streets - Push Tings Forward (T Leaf Remix)
Kinetics - Moving on & Truth
Oscillist - (A bunch of stuff)

There may be more, I might have forgotten some, I know that some have yet to be sent to me, but it looks like a really solid lineup so far!

Last edited:
I'm much more in love with your latest track..."Dreaming,". Please take no offense, I just don't think the remix fits with the current program. Thank you for the offer though! Much appreciated!

To others who I have not contacted for copies: although I haven't selected any of your songs, keep up the excellent work! Everyone here has a very unique sound!

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

So far this is my tracklist, we shall see what the musical director says:
Toronto is Broken - Forever With You
Toronto is Broken - From Another World
Jane Maximova - Skiff(Mono5pace Remix)
Livewire - Mixed Up
Pendulum - The Island (Livewire Remix)
Livewire/Indivision - Sunrise
Indivision - Don't Leave Me
Fake Blood - I Think I Like it (Dexcell Remix)
Kinetics - Moving On
Kinetics - Truth (ft. Emily Richards)
Oscillist - (A solid handful from him)
Killjoy - Trouble
Override - Night Night
Override & J.Anonymous - Contact High
Queensway - Darlin'
Tomek N - Andromeda
Tomek N - Nanotube
Telefon Tel Aviv - The Birds(Tomek N Bootleg)
Topic - Kickflip
Blu Mar Ten - Believe Me (Ekol Remix)
K-O's - Sunday Morning (Phetsta Remix)
Subclash - Afterlife
Subclash - Lil' Japan
DevZ - Something New
DevZ - I Ain't Got Time
Soso - Sleepless In Tokyo
Miusha - Out of Mind (Implex and Spherique Remix)
The Streets - Push Tings Forward (T Leaf Remix)
Kinetics - Moving on & Truth
Oscillist - (A bunch of stuff)

There may be more, I might have forgotten some, I know that some have yet to be sent to me, but it looks like a really solid lineup so far!

Do you mean me? If so, which track? I have none by that name. LOLLL

Greattttt! well goes to show how professional I am......
I'm currently hunting to find where/who I got this track from.

Edit: fixed. Not sure where my head was at. Track is Trouble by Critical Waves.

Last edited:

To others who I have not contacted for copies: although I haven't selected any of your songs, keep up the excellent work! Everyone here has a very unique sound

Alright... i could send you a full version of Dreaming on Friday if its ok for you
If so, i would like to add a few vocal bits, cause i want it to get signed in the near future ;)

ez locust

Back
Top Bottom