R.I.P Technics 1210's ... Again.

all the technics that are around already will still last for another decade at least so I don't think its too bad

I swear the exact same thing was published this time last year and yet they are still available today....

Marketing ploy me thinks

So Audio beef is trying to beef up something

Il have my steak medium rare thanks

This is a press release by owner of the Technics brand — Panasonic, Japan –issued for the month of October, 2010
yet there are no respectable members of the press reporting this?
when something iconic enough to be displayed in the london science museum actually does cease to be produced, im confident an actual reporter will report it.

noooo_birds.jpg

"Clarification came from Panasonic UK to squash rumours. And It’s not what you might think. So here goes – the 1200MK5 and 1210MK5 WILL be discontinued leaving the 1210MK5G as the top of the range and most definitely NOT discontinued. It never was a limited edition, just a flagship special edition model. And the 1200 and 1210 MK2 will continue as normal. So now there’s some distance between the MK2 and MK5G models instead having a middle MK5 deck to confuse matters. So it’s vanilla Technics or the more expensive piano black extra pitched blue light luxury model left in the range"

"Clarification came from Panasonic UK to squash rumours. And It’s not what you might think. So here goes – the 1200MK5 and 1210MK5 WILL be discontinued leaving the 1210MK5G as the top of the range and most definitely NOT discontinued. It never was a limited edition, just a flagship special edition model. And the 1200 and 1210 MK2 will continue as normal. So now there’s some distance between the MK2 and MK5G models instead having a middle MK5 deck to confuse matters. So it’s vanilla Technics or the more expensive piano black extra pitched blue light luxury model left in the range"

I want the mark 5gs as it has the wider pitch range on it. I have stanton st8s or whatever there called and love em so its hard to do the switch but i will sooner or later

This is an old statement from the last time they were suppost to be discontinued.

Quote in OP seem's to be new

im really considering grabbin a 2nd hand pair these days and i cant decide if its the right thing to do, heart says yes and brain says maybe, i got some numarks and would like to upgrade to the standards...

DJ Craze on twitter...

"Panasonic is ceasing production of the SL-1200MK6 model specifically, while other Technics turntable models will live on. Phew!"

Back
Top Bottom