R.I.P Robin Williams

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
R.I.P What a sad loss. He was a legend spend a lot of childhood years watching him :lighter:

Police say it was arson but I doubt-fire.
To soon?

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
Yep.

Ive been thinking about it and I just don't understand how someone so loved and respected with all the money in the world could hang there self from being depressed. It just don't make any sense to me.

He will be missed

djad

leo the lion
VIP Junglist
I think he's has battled with addiction for a very long time and like most people who burn a very fast fuse (like his his energy performances) at some point you just fizzle out. With the huge highs come terrible lows. Its a real shame.

RIP Mrs Doubtfire. You will be missed.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
robin williams dagz, have you seen any of his (many, many) standup bits? probably not. feels unlikely though, doesnt it, but tell me, dagz, what if you died! who would inform us? have you seen to this?

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Yep.

Ive been thinking about it and I just don't understand how someone so loved and respected with all the money in the world could hang there self from being depressed. It just don't make any sense to me.

He will be missed
that's the curse of depression, you can be the most loved person in the world, and it doesn't make any difference to the way you feel....depression is actually very common, some statistics suggest as many as 1 in 6 people will experience clinical depression (not just feeling a bit shit/blue/etc), most of those go on to beat it and move on in life, but some, as high as 10% of those people, will experience long term and repeated episodes of severe depression - 6000 people commit (successful) suicide every year as a result, just in the UK.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
yup its terrible, but it strikes me as a very low number, 6000 in a year, in the uk? isnt the population up in the billions? or something. i forgot my gmail password, what is it