R.I.P. Logikz

seizureslater

ferly kerfuffle
hi guys, i'm in singapore and it just became the 10th of june 2 hours ago. in the morning i was trying to wish carl happy birthday and realised he hadn't responded to my text on the 27th of may and he was "last seen" on the 23rd of may. i met karl on this forum about 7 years ago. i remember someone saying that they thought he created a 2nd account to talk to himself when we were going back and forth, i think that's why we got along because we were fans of long rants and unfiltered thoughts. on and off we kept in touch over the years and we reconnected properly in the year 2019. we still spoke in between but in 2019 we made plans to meet for the very first time and it happened. he came to amsterdam in late august 2019 to meet me for a few days and we didn't do much, walked a bit, sat on some grass and just talked. the last time i saw him, he was so tired he was sitting on a chair as i slowly watched it rock back as i slapped him awake. he rode his bicycle home.

in trying to contact him today i sent him an e-mail as a last resort and found a nice little e-mail from him on the 29th of july, 2019. some pretty shitty thing happened in my family and he made a song for me to cheer me up. me being the busy little preoccupied shit that i was took ages to listen to it and now it's too late to thank him for always caring about me.

i now have a 8 min 13 seconds clip that he sent me in late april to listen to, he begins it with "the thing is like, i'm not afraid of failure, i'm not afraid of losing, i'm not afraid of any of that."

this hurts and i'm sorry to everyone here that loved him.

seizureslater

ferly kerfuffle
Can someone fill me in on how he was the last few years? I know that he was in and out of hospital, and that he moved back to Sweden? Did he sober up? Was he doing better?
hi gumby, he was getting better because we were talking about how we were going to meet and he was "training" to get physically better to be out longer and mobile as he has the uh well he said "vacuum pump" in his chest or stomach i can't remember at this point i am fully crying and can't think. but i know he was off the alcohol because his body couldn't process it anymore. he always called his "lawyer" i never got a name. i would say his "lawyer" knew him really well. they send me selfies haha. he was seeing a therapist and yeh in and out of the hospital but i think it was to further work on his condition. he has been pretty mobile for the past year at least, lots of outings in the woods!

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
hi gumby, he was getting better because we were talking about how we were going to meet and he was "training" to get physically better to be out longer and mobile as he has the uh well he said "vacuum pump" in his chest or stomach i can't remember at this point i am fully crying and can't think. but i know he was off the alcohol because his body couldn't process it anymore. he always called his "lawyer" i never got a name. i would say his "lawyer" knew him really well. they send me selfies haha. he was seeing a therapist and yeh in and out of the hospital but i think it was to further work on his condition. he has been pretty mobile for the past year at least, lots of outings in the woods!
Have you seen "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"?

seizureslater

ferly kerfuffle
Karl, Logikz, Carl's funeral - 25/06/2020 14:00 hrs Sweden time.

Hi guys, I've managed to get some information regarding Carl's funeral. Firstly let me say that his second name was HENRIK which I absolutely had a chuckle at.

You can visit this link for the funeral ad but I've attached it as well. It's in Swedish so you'll need a translator but if anyone speaks Swedish here maybe you could do a better translation than what google did for me:

Our beloved Son and Brother
Carl Mattsson Ekman

* June 9, 1980 - May 23, 2020
has left us in great sorrow and missing
Family: KARIN & RALPH Alexandra & Gustaf
"Don't worry. Do not be afraid in the break-up hour. A friendly hand calmly arranges the boat's sail which takes you away from the evening land to the present. Go down without the anxiety in the silence of the beach, the soft path through the twilight grass." - Pär Lagerkvist
The funeral will take place in Skee Church on Thursday, June 25 at 14:00.
Light cover Goodbye in church
The ceremony is live streamed on Funeral's Facebook page
Instead of a flower, think about the City Mission. funera.se 010-1010 350

So we might get a chance to watch a livestream possibly on this facebook page, maybe we could gather in chat and have a toast with the stream or not?

Last edited:

beknoxx

7/11 7/11
VIP Junglist
I haven't been on here in a few. I came to see if anything new was going on and found this. Absolutely gutted to see this news.....I wasn't close with Karl like some of you but we interacted in post and would conversate in chat. He always called me by name and always put a smile on my face reading his post. I will genuinely miss him every time I come here.

RIP King

tinybunnies

team neurofunk
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
The day after I heard the bad news I discovered this song while out contemplating existence on my bicycle.
Come up again today in the same scenario, thought id post...
the entire Point Of Know Return album is one of several albums i sent him a few years ago.

go listen to “Portrait (He Knew)”, “Paradox”, and “Closet Chronicles” if the mood ever strikes you.

you’ll find him in all of those songs.

charlie131

VIP Junglist
this is so sad to hear man, Karl was an amazing member on this forum.. we had some great chats.. sorely missed