R.I.P Fes

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
VIP Junglist
THE GAME, who remembers THE GAME, I don't think we ever come clean about THE GAME, Sunday night was always THE GAME night, poor souls the rest of em MWAHHAAHHAH

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
VIP Junglist
I had a black girlfriend at the time when we played the game, I remember Fes always used to ask me different artists to test if she knew her hip hop, and as I was crimping her hair she'd be shouting them out Dilla, Pharcyde, Tribe Called Quest

Fes's mom

Really sorry to tell you all this guys, but unfortunately Andy (Fes) passed away last night.
Truly cut up about this. We never met in real life but we always used to chat via AIM. He was the one who hooked me up with a moderator position here back in the day.
I just can't believe this has happened.
Rest In Peace brother :lighter:
I am Fes' mom. We laid him to rest yesterday. We had a "celebration of life" service. Many friends and loved ones attended.
I'd like you all to know that I had the pleasure of listening to him spin as my house shook over the years...I am finding solace in listening to his mixes.
He so very much loved d.j.-ing.Me and Andy will be listening. Peace <3

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Just posted in the other thread but will post in here as well...
Remember him posting on here regularly and had had him on facebook, despite the fact I never spoke to him properly he seemed like a friendly, funny, talented and all round nice dude. Will be missed even if our interaction was just the occasional comment and 'like' on facebook. I know he did alot for this forum and was close to the original 'oldie' members.
RIP bro

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Never met the guy face to face but, he was probably one of the first members of the forum who took the time out to respond to my posts (some 8 years ago) and as much as we clashed in the recent years he definitely had a good side. He also had the balls to stand up for what he thought was right (whether I agreed or not) so respect to him on that front.

The forum definitely hasn't been and won't be the same without him.

RIP :lighter:

Triple M

Admin
VIP Junglist
I'm shocked to hear such sad news :(

Andy was a great guy and will be sorely missed. Fes brought so much to the community since he joined Dnbforum in 2005, always had an awesome laugh with him both on here and behind the scenes.

Admittedly, I've not been on Dnbforum much since I sold it in 2013, but it's fantastic to see so many of the old crew coming on to show their respects!

RIP bro :lighter: