Quotec to enter the world of drum and bass!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Quotec, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Sup, folks?

I am 18 yo DnB producer from Estonia and would like to get my music heard by bigger audiences(promotion in UKF DnB channel would be damn awesome!). Generally I like to experiment with different techniques and sounds, but I really like liquid drum and bass but also neurofunk and so I focus on playing around with these two genres. As to producing music I lack consistency, sometimes I really struggle to finish any project, but I work on that - splendid music is born in a result of hard mixing&mastering. My first contact with music production was when I was 15 yo guy with spare time to waste on interesting activities. On one day I was surfing the Youtube and accidentally stumbled upon drum and bass that was produced in FL Studio 9. Prior to that I had absolutely no idea how electronic music was born and so I became very absorbed in the idea of producing music on my own. I quickly found FL Studio 9, downloaded it and was utterly confused at what I saw when I opened the DAW. HOW MANY BUTTONS AND STUFF, I JUST WANTED TO CREATE MUSIC! So being very perplexed I tried to pull through and understand what this program was all about, but unsuccessfully. My first beats were mayhem to ears and made people escape the room. I was desperate about my poor performance and so I decided to quit. Luckily, just a few months later I felt a motivation burst and tried to learn the program once again. This time I watched some tutorials and started to get a hang of the thing, but my beats were still quite awful and I decided to quit up until summer of 2012. Last summer I was extremely dedicated to produce music and so I regularly worked in DAW to improve my skills and my skills did improve indeed. Following months were very intense and I understood that I have reached a new plateau in my music producing skills. And here I am now, ladies and gentleman please welcome Quotec! Initially I was producing different kinds of electronic music ranging from House to Dubstep and Drum and Bass with a name of WosTok, but just a few weeks ago I opted for producing only drum and bass in all variations. Drum and bass is challenging and offers me the biggest pleasure. Hope you find my efforts worthy to add some twist to vast world of drum and bass! :miss_rep:

Excuse me for my English, I know it's not brilliant.
    P.S I will create my Youtube channel soon and maybe even make some tutorials on how to produce music. I have a Facebook fanpage and a Soundcloud channel too. Please follow me and I follow everyone back. I also plan to collaborate with other producers, if you are interested, please let me know!

Best regards,
    Quotec

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to add a link to my DnB track I am currently working at, but I can't. :(

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

welcome mate, check out the production section, plenty of helpful stuff in there for production (y)

to add a soundcloud link, go on edit post, then go advanced and there is a little soundcloud button that lets you insert the track there!

3. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Unbelievable, it says new people here have some limited BS as to sharing URL links. :(

- - - Updated - - -

But well, you can hear the track if you click the soundcloud link in my signature zone. :)

4. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

yeah to prevent spam you have to post a fair bit on the forum first. join in the discussions and stuff and you'll soon be able to post it (y)

5. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember