Quitting the gwarna

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by muzzadj, Jul 8, 2009.

1. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

I know theres been alot of threads this week on quitting stuff and cutting down and so forth but i really do need to get off the smoke right now and was wandering what i can do to keep my mind off of it, especially since i am only working part time and its not worth getting a full time job as i'm hitting college in september..

Im sure a few of you have a few tips or something?

Thanks in advance!

Safe

2. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Member

i found exercise helped a load, sorta replaces the buzz with adrenaline. Get some weights or go up the gym or something and you'll feel loads better (y)

3. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

yea, break circles man , fgo to the gym.. get adicted to being fit.. ittl last around 6 months, then you will start drinking pizza eating beer and smoking sausage again

4. tone090

tone090 Bare back rider!

wank non stop for 40 days like jesus did for lent

5. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

yeah ive been thinking about joining a gym for months, but of course cos ive been blazing i havnt been arsed! Also been holding off the driving lessons since December now due to me wanting to spend 20quid on weed instead off an hours driving.. Its fucking ridiculous!!!

Will start up at the gym though for sure!!

6. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

I dunno really man.

Thought about it, but i dont really think its worth it for me untill it starts fucking things up.

Mate of mine stopped recently and just started drinking more, which is probably worse for you anyway. He just started back on it again but alot less.

If i were you id do the whole cutting down thing for sure, because cold turkey aint cooooooooool.

7. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

2morro will av done a month no draw.
    its much harder if all ur mates are on it tho.
    pretty much work instead, bit of sports/gym, got addicted to the sopranos which helped aswell. easier to quit tho if u aint enjoyin it as much anymore which was the case with me, if u still love it an u wanna quit it never seems to work longer than a week or so imo....

8. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Join a gym mate, i started smoking abit again recently but ive joined a gym and ive cut down to smokin it once a week max.

If you join a gym you will wanna keep going because you are paying money for it aswell

9. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Take up something where you can't actually have a spliff in the process - gym or bmx is a good idea. Are you second year college? Find some people in college who get out and do stuff.

Get a bird, they're effort but you'll end up spending that money on her and doing things with her (unless she's a massive stoner)

10. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

also, thc is stored in the fat cells in your body so when you exercise and burn said fat, the thc is released back into the blood streem... giving you a slight high! :D

11. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

For me it took the break up of a long term relationship to realise that weed was fucking my shit up.

Its all about choice & prioritisation really, is "X" (whatever the problem is) more, or less important than getting high?

The choice was easy for me, its just keeping that in focus whilst you're trying to lock it off.

I quit for a few months & now just blaze the odd little pipe, after i've got all my day-to-day shit sorted & my head feels capable of handling it.

Its tough at first, but gets easier. ;)

12. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

i quit after christmas just gone:

throw away all your smoking methods, tools, grinders gauzes etc.
    join a local gym or sports club.
    dont be around others who smoke weed, tell em to fuck off and shit.
    everytime you wanna smoke think to yourself its gonna fuck your head and your life up - it will be a lot better for you in the long run.

thats what i did, its been over 6 months now man, and i used to blaze bongs etc everyday

do it, make yourself a better person :2thmbs:

13. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

i used to blaze everyday even at lunch and shit for work, now iv cut down to having a mini skin minor spliff about 8 o clock at night, and honestly i feel ilike i dont need anything more. I swear if u have like 2 puffs on a joint ull feel just as mashed as you would after smoking 4 joints if u blaze loads everynight.

i can go a couple of days without blazing now and not even think about it. it starts to become less appealing once you really cut it down.

14. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

This.

100%

However, he is a muggy cunt, so don't listen to him. :teeth:

15. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

one thing i will say tho if u quit dont become one of them wankers that looks down on other people that do it, and lecture them. people like that shud be shot dead.

16. EWOKS

i used to have shotties in bed before school, blow em out my window, then have a couple at breaktime or spliff at this old abandoned wooden shed thing, then used to go to a mates and do buckets/boomys/waterfalls/bongs the lot, at dinner time, then as soon as i got home back in my bedroom or in a bush at the church down my road doing more shotties till bed times , was stoned 24/7 for about 8 years or more. my mum eventuallty said me and my mates from school could have the garage for our sesh's.. had a pool table,little fridge, appy days..my mates used to come round about 4.00 straight after school,and we used to pass a shotty about so much , tyhat my mum realised how much we was smokin and kicked us out.. we all got into e's then in year 10 and 11, caining them on school nights in my garage and round mates house,i started work when leaving school and started snorting lines of speed before work and in the cubicle at work, i had a little cubboard i used to sit in, like a drugs den and snort speed in there and smoke shottys.. i was a terrible bastard,went all weird off all the e's and speed and weed, knocked the weed and speed on the head and start seeing straight again.. ill tell ya what my point is, you wont realsie how cloudy and monged you are in life. i moved in the end,dont smoke ganja ever sometimes do drugs bout 5 times a year if that, youll feel awake, alive..after not smokin greenfor a while youll think fuckin hell i feel happy for some reason , not fake stoned giggling happy but a sense of well being and actually want to get up and go for a walk to the shop and go to work ect.. you are in a hazy bubble on drugs,you think when you dont feel stoned or drugged anymore your normal, but that bullshit, you need to get the toxins out ya body and you will start feeling like a different person, serious its worth it. just stop smoking, i used to love it, i found myself down the park , pitch black with a lighter on a few occasions,crawling about looking for little bit of weed so i could have a shotty.. just stop it, and after you start feeling better and you havent had a smoke before you wont want to go back..

think of this , how many people do you know , that are addicted to ganja , that smoke like a trooper, give up for a year then go back to smokin it like a trooper again.. not many , i dont know anyone, once you give it up and wake up abit , after a few months you wont want a smoke.

17. EWOKS

shit that was longness ... you may want a smoke but not be a stoner, id be happy to have a few tokes but thats it.. find beer , it needs you..

18. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

beer....... the answer to all your problems in life.

19. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

i quit a while back cos it wasnt doin my head anygood, combined with pills n shit i was getting anxious as fuck!
    since then feel alot better, n now i do it every now n again n i just get really high to paranoia or anything anymore.
    but i start on site in about 3 weeks so I've had to quit completely haha gutted!
    I started going to the gym when i first quit btw and it helped alot, also helps me quit rollies aswell!
    getting fit will make u cut down if not stop guaranteed.
    If all ur mates smoke it stay away from em for a few days cos thats the hardest time.. then when u go back shudnt be too temptin!

20. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

quit years ago best thing i ever did.

then quit smoking 2 years ago n had nuttin since. feel amazing, work out every day, eat well, play lots of sports, basically realised that when you feel phisically fit and have good job/gf etc you feel high on life mate.