Quickie..

JReilly

When switch from Pro tools to another DAW, do you have to re-install your plugins to VST or AU format?

I have komplete 8 and I really don't want to have to sit through that monster install again.

I am also aware this may be a retarded question.

Yea all DAWs just need to know the location of the vst folder, the plugins are installed to the computer not the DAW itself.

Alright then, what about operating systems? (vista > windows 7) have been thinking about doing that, will that cause me any headaches with other software?

It sounds like you installed the VST versions of your plugins.

If thats the case then you will be fine when changing DAW's. Though if you only installed the RTAS version then good luck :D

That's what I was worried about, I can't remember if during the installation process, you have to specify if you are installing RTAS, VST or AU.

I would obviously have selcted RTAS for pro tools but I can't remember if I you do have to specify. I'm hoping I can just direct the new DAW to my plug in folder and SHIZAM!

That's what I was worried about, I can't remember if during the installation process, you have to specify if you are installing RTAS, VST or AU.

I would obviously have selcted RTAS for pro tools but I can't remember if I you do have to specify. I'm hoping I can just direct the new DAW to my plug in folder and SHIZAM!

Most do ask you for the format you want when installing. I thought all daw's at least took the VST format tho?

Nah, Pro tools likes to be different, they use RTAS plug ins. Most major developers support RTAS though for obvious reasons, there is a shit loads of quality free plugs ins that you can't get on PT tho. You have to get a RTAS wrapper, it tranforms VST's to RTAS but it doesn't always work from what I hear.

Part of the reason I don't want to use PT anymore.

Back
Top Bottom