quick question

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by warney_dcfc, Jun 5, 2007.

1. warney_dcfc

warney_dcfc Member

at the risk of looking a bit stupid etc.....can anyone please tell me what an A.W.O.L set is.....been driving me mad for couple of dayz now and no1 i ask has a clue.......cheers

2. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

A Way Of Life. Old skool bizniz

3. Orbit887

Orbit887 Member

An AWOL set is just a set from an old skool nite from the early to mid night's from promoter AWOL - like $marty says, stands for Another Way Of Life (instead of the military equivalent of Absent With Out Leave).

If I remember right they used to do quite a few nights at the old Lid airport site before it was closed, think they've had a few 'revival' nites recently.

Used to be a time when AWOL record bags were as popular and more fashionable than the Slammin' record bags lol

4. The_Jungledon

The_Jungledon www.FreelanceJunglist.com

You will also find that there is a lot of sets flying around from awol. Lots of jungle buisness to keep you happy. Also people selling the oldskool sets on ebay. some bargains if you look.

5. bloodfire

bloodfire Member

i used to go to A.W.O.L at the paradise club fucking top nights sometimes they would go on to twelve midday . always kenny ken and randall with mc GQ . ahh takes me back ha im so old

6. DJ Vyper

DJ Vyper Terraforms/ReFormed

Jammy Git!! :razz: I would have eloved to have reached those event! I started raving in 1996, I think Awol had stopped by then or even more gutting I didn't see the events..