Quick quesion about playing i-tunes songs through serato

charlie131

VIP Junglist
ok i have adele rolling in the deep the jamie xx remix which i bought from i-tunes (i bought it its not a rip off) yet when i try to play it through my serato system it wont play the track? is there a reason that serato doesnt play i-tunes bought songs or is my computer i cunt?

please feedback

Convert it to mp3 and try again. If you go into your itunes settings change the convert from aac to mp3. Right click on the tune and convert. Apple use a different file format.

^^ What? Thats only if you use video Serato..

As Tonguegay said, needs to be an MP3 if you are on less than SL3 ;)

^^ What? Thats only if you use video Serato..

As Tonguegay said, needs to be an MP3 if you are on less than SL3 ;)

Wrong.

I have bought a few tracks off I-tunes, all of which were in M4A format, went to play it and in Serato where the title of the track shows up over the white circle it read "Quick Time not installed". So, like anyone would do, I installed Quick Time and the track played. Amazing.

Cheers for the help guys will down load quick time when I get home and hopefully I'll be able to play my I tunes tracks

Wrong.

I have bought a few tracks off I-tunes, all of which were in M4A format, went to play it and in Serato where the title of the track shows up over the white circle it read "Quick Time not installed". So, like anyone would do, I installed Quick Time and the track played. Amazing.

Well I use Traktor and because N.I are clearly better you don't need to install any 3rd party software like Shit-time (y)

And im not wrong, you dont need quicktime unless you are using Video-SL!

fanx

Right so Charlie's questions been answered now I've got one. Seeing as we're all dj's in this thread (lol!) some poor fella is trying to record his part of the forum mix but the bass sounds really distorted and it's quite quiet. He using audacity and it's recorded through line in so my very basic knowledge has been used up...

Could any of you lot listen and if you think you know what the issue is pm User 66273? One of us has got to know?

http://dnbshare.com/download/mitest.mp3.html

This sounds like he has some of the settings wrong under the audio driver software.. if you have things like noise cancellation/suppression on it sounds fucking shite!

Next thing tho is to eliminate all the hardware being at fault, swap everything and rule bits out. Standard practise

Well I use Traktor and because N.I are clearly better you don't need to install any 3rd party software like Shit-time (y)

And im not wrong, you dont need quicktime unless you are using Video-SL!

fanx

I am not using video-sl dude, I am just trying to play a track that I bought from i-tunes that is in M4A format. So, I installed quicktime and it plays the track through Serato, pretty fucking simple.

Right so Charlie's questions been answered now I've got one. Seeing as we're all dj's in this thread (lol!) some poor fella is trying to record his part of the forum mix but the bass sounds really distorted and it's quite quiet. He using audacity and it's recorded through line in so my very basic knowledge has been used up...

Could any of you lot listen and if you think you know what the issue is pm User 66273? One of us has got to know?

http://dnbshare.com/download/mitest.mp3.html

When I first starting using Audacity I tried recording from the tape output from my mixer; that was a big fail. Either use booth/main or something else you can manage the volume with on the mixer. When you hit record, you should see the sound waves, you want the loudest part of the track max justwithin the sound window; do not go anymore or you will clip.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom