Quick beginner question

Advantage

basically I just getting a little studio set up an been looking around at software and midi controllers,,, wondering what you would suggest??

Any help is appreciated :)

Everyone is different mate. There are demo versions of all the main DAW's. Fruity Loops, Cubase, Reason, Logic etc etc. Just grab the demos and see which one works best for you.

Everyone is different mate. There are demo versions of all the main DAW's. Fruity Loops, Cubase, Reason, Logic etc etc. Just grab the demos and see which one works best for you.

Well said Mr Fletch. I think they all have their own advantages and disadvantages. The one that stands out for me is reason for a beginner. Simply because it mimics real life rack equipment and CV routing... all essential when starting to piece your studio together. I like Ableton but trying to get your head around warping from the start can be a little difficult. "the hours I've spent chopping up little breaks and waiting half an hour for the sampler to load... now you can just warp!" conversation wears a little thin after a while.

On the controller side... get down the local studio shop or a local exhibition and try a few out. Akai and Novation would be recommendations of mine.

Peace

BNGMovingLogo01.gif

Lee Fury & JTB
http://soundcloud.com/biteandgouge

basically I just getting a little studio set up an been looking around at software and midi controllers,,, wondering what you would suggest??

Any help is appreciated :)
hi - before you start throwing money at your studio - i deffinately would recommend what the guys above have been saying.
try out the software - you can also download keyboard emulators ( i think one is called Bome keyboard emulator) so you dont have to purchase one straight away

once youve had a try of the different software out there then make your decision.
There is no answer to your question - it all depends on what you like and/or can afford.

Back
Top Bottom