Quick Ableton "Instrument Rack" question

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
If I have built an instrument rack within ableton and want to send thatrack to a friend, how does it work? Will I need to save the created sound within the synth too? or will it automatically save the synth settings within the rack? And also, where, once created and saved, would I find the file for the instrument rack so I can send it?

The synth patch should be saved within the rack. As far as saving it, if you saved it into the ableton library just go into your documents folder on windows and then into Ableton > Library and find the respective folder. Or in live you could drag the rack to your desktop from the live browser.

Or in live you could drag the rack to your desktop from the live browser.
this

and yeah, make sure you save first your rack with a name of your choice and then just grab it from your Live browser and drag it into any folder of your choice in Finder (or Explorer).
After you moved the copy of the rack, you can zip it and send it or just send as it is.

Your friend will just need to grab the file you sent to him, drag it from Finder into a midi track of Live... and that's done. It will open exactly as in your proj.

Back
Top Bottom