Quick 30minute mix

ac

No fancy picture for this one sorry. It's just a practice set for my big one coming up, feedback please cos it's a very important set.

Many Thanks

T/L

A.I – Days Of Rage
Commix – Be True
Ed Rush & Optical – Bullit
Culture Shock – Vice Chase
Bungle – Resized
Lenzman - Emeralds
S.P.Y – Sunship
Lenzman – Last Day On Earth

>>>> download <<<<

I only have 25minutes to play, do you think this is enough to show my skills? I have another 2 tunes that I am hoping to squeeze in which will make the set go like this;

A.I – Days Of Rage
Commix – Be True
Bungle – Resized
Lenzman - Emeralds
S.P.Y – Sunship
D Kay – Comet
Proxima – Layers

What do you reckon?

On 2nd thoughts I think 8 tunes is plenty enough for 25 minutes. Please enjoy the mix :)

Well the main one is here;

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=81047920627

and I'm on the midnight slot (biggles) :)

@gem or anyone else who's listened; do the tunes blend well enough? Since the judgement is based on selection/crowd and technique. I think I got a decent enough selection and they seem to slot together nicely to me, I'm just hoping I'm not playing to the Hazard fanclub :confused:

Last edited:
That looks good bro. Will d/l.

BTW, I take it you are rehearsing for a live set?
If its out, you are making a mistake by planning imo. What if an earlier DJ plays some of those tunes, which is quite possible, as theres some big anthems? Also, if the system aint criss, you might struggle to pull mixes off that are easy at home. You'd be better off practising loads of tiny sections so you can work the system and crowd, and send your set in multiple directions, otherwise you could slip badly. Sticking to a rigid set live is fine if you are nearing god status, if not tho', you need to be able to adapt.

Last edited:
It's basically a 25 minute set that gets judged by major players in the scene. I need it to be laid out so I don't spend ages flicking through to find the next suitable tune, if you see what I mean.

What I've effectively done, is made sure that each proceeding tune sits well and blends nicely. I just want it to be as best as I can make it.

Fair enough mate. Did think after I posted, that musta came across as quite patronising. Feel a bit less of a prick now, thanks. Good luck.

That's cool, I wasn't judging. All comments and criticism is welcome, I need it :)

ooooh bristol?
bit far away from scunthorpe haha...
hope it goes well... i will be in attendance... in spirit!!
hope it goes well.. good luck.. the crowd will love it!
x

Sounds alright man, bit dodgy here and there but nothing major at all. One thing though is don't let the tunes play for so long maybe, that's what I do but I guess it's down to preference and style, I just reckon you could of squeezed a couple more tunes in the time. Overall though, you're mixing was pretty tight all the way through and it was a nice selection of tunes. Good luck with the demo and hope it works out for you man (y)

Yeah I was aware of the errors, it was just a practice. Not many you can fit in in 25 minutes without running the risk of clanging. I much prefer a nice rolling mix myself. And yeah, I know about the 2 tunes near the end where I brought them in then out again. The problem was, I was running out of time and I really want to finish on that Lenzman tune so I have to sacrifice the other 2.

Thanks though Welshy, appreciated.

After consideration, I may bring Be True in before the 2nd drop of Days of Rage so I can add another later on. I'll record that tomorrow and see what you think.

Yeah I was aware of the errors, it was just a practice. Not many you can fit in in 25 minutes without running the risk of clanging. I much prefer a nice rolling mix myself. And yeah, I know about the 2 tunes near the end where I brought them in then out again. The problem was, I was running out of time and I really want to finish on that Lenzman tune so I have to sacrifice the other 2.

Thanks though Welshy, appreciated.

No worries, I know what you mean about a rolling mix like, they do sound nice. (y)

Thanks. The errors I know about and will eliminate next time are;

spinback on Bullit - sounds stupid

Sunship comes in 1 bar too late

Comet and Layers were brought in and then back out because I was running out of time and want to finish on the Lenzman tune. The difference with this subgenre to jump up is that jump up has half the amount of intro bars 90% of the time so you can fit more in potentially.

With these tunes having nearly 1min30 intros, I have to either cue from the drop and fade in or just let it roll. An on-the-spot decision I'm trying to avoid :)

Yeh I know what you mean about long intro's, it is possible but I find you have to know your tunes inside out and be confident about pin-pointing certain parts of a tune quickly which can be hard sometimes. It's all about practicing though init man.

Updated version;

320kbps MP3 - 60mb

A.I – Days Of Rage
>> Commix – Be True
Bungle – Resized
Lenzman - Emeralds
S.P.Y – Sunship
>>> D Kay – Comet

GRAB IT!

Feedback appreciated guys :) Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom