questions on sampling???

I know how to time stretch drum loops and instrument loops.

But what i'm asking is in the ez rollers sample pack they have bass patches (like a regular keyboard patch not a musical loop) which i like a lot.

But the bass patches are not multi sampled so they have only one or very few samples in the patch. And they map it across the keyboard, which is stretched differently for each note due to little samples for the patch. even if you time stretch the samples, they don't provide bass samples for every note, so i can't play it like a regular bass patch (not a musical loop) which goes through at least two octaves without hearing the stretch done by mapping little samples across the keyboard.

So i'm wondering why they do bass or instruments patches like this, does anybody uses this kind of patches?

I know they use musical loops or drum loops but how about instrument i mentioned above ?

Just wondering if anybody uses them?

thanks for any reply

I assume on basses they just don't expect you to stray that far from the notes they give you. I don't really use 'em personally, although they can be good for resampling sometimes.

aaah i see what your saying here mate, yeah we all have that same issue when working with samples, no simple solution - only way is to make your own sounds with a synth :D

i know what u mean, i used to play certain samples at higher notes and it just cuts off as the sample length is shortened the higher the pitch

that is the one major problem with using samples for basses, defo start getting your head round some synths, you will have more control over making your bass sounds that way mate :D

yeah I'm thinking about resampling too.

Just cutting out a very very short segmant of the bass sample, enough for it to sound stagnant without any time related modulation on the sample and loop it.

in this way i can play the waveform like a regular keyboard patch and add my own enveloped and lfo modulation to it. Then it will really sound like a good bass patch where you can play and solo all over it. This is what the pros in drum and bass should do, either multisampled them or just provide us with waveforms for bass or lead patches.

Really need some of these waveforms from the sample packs.
It will really need some sort of a visualizer plugin to duplicate it in absynth by drawing the waveform.

I hope i can get these short segmants of samples to loop it as a waveform.

What do you guys think about the idea and any tips in doing so faster?

Man, if they expect me to resample the bass samples for every note with a pitch shifter from guitar rig which does not affect the time of the samples it's crazy.

They should really state if these bass or lead patches are multisampled or not.

Really like to complain but don't know where i can put up these complains and rate them lower.

there is really a limitation if i don't stray from the notes they give me in their samples.

Man, if they expect me to resample the bass samples for every note with a pitch shifter from guitar rig which does not affect the time of the samples it's crazy.

Or you could just use a decent sampler :confused:

You're right though, they should give more info as to the quality of their product in the info you get before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom