Questions for Dj Hype and Alpha Omega

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
We're going to be running an interview with Dj Hype and Alpha Omega, I'm just wondering if you lot have any serious questions that you would like me to put forward.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread as soon as possible - thanks!

to :hype:
Probly gunna be an obvious answer to the first, but
"Are you gonna do a dubplate killaz 3 this year?"
"When is "Busted" by Hazard coming out?"
"Do you, yourself enjoy back to back sets or to rinse a set on your own???"

Ask Colin "Alpha Omega" Lindo why he stopped making cool 'ardkore flavored stuff. He made some great stuff like the "Countdown EP" and Armour001 but then he and everyone else just stopped dead with making DnB that I like.

Question For Hype: Why did you decide to set-up Ganja-Tek as it's a complete contrast to what sound True Playaz have pushed in the past?

Question for Hype: Will more artists be lined up for Ganja-Tek or is it solely an output for Prolix?

Question for Alpha Omega: Where the fuck have you been!!

Question for Alpha Omega: What do you think of the current state of the scence & the rumours of labels screwing over their artists?

Really why did he get so angry?

Hype said:
here seems to be a lot of debate on the fact that we at Playaz are going to be starting a new label called Ganja -Tek for the more techno edged Drum and Bass sounding tracks. The reason we are doing this is because over the last 2 years we at Playaz have expanded our artist roster and have a lot more choice of styles and acts to release within the camp. I as a DJ/label owner and producer myself have always stated that i will make, play and release any style of Drum and Bass that i choose. Whether on the dance floor or on the radio I have always played and supported every style within the Drum and Bass genre and I am now happy enough to be in a position to showcase more artists than ever b4. I have never tried to have a certain sound other than a melting pot of all styles within Drum and Bass because to me that is the appeal of it. The fact that we are influenced by all style of music is a good thing and can only keep it all healthy.

Those that say we are jumping on the bandwagon should realize that i am a founding member of this scene and have worked very hard in the promotion and evolution of the Drum and Bass scene. Whether it be Valve, Pendulum, Roni Size, Prodigy, Shy fx, Teebee, Photek, Noisia, High Contrast, Calibre, Shut up and Dance, Potential Badboy, Tech itch, Hazard, 4 hero, Sub Focus, Bukem etc...the list never ends, iI have always supported all the artists and their various styles of Drum and Bass music so why shouldn’t I release them as well. At the end of the day i am a ambassador for Drum and Bass the world over and have been playing for 16 years under the name Hype. The scene today is more of a melting pot than ever before and I am embracing that because I have always tried to encourage a diverse Drum and Bass scene rather than it all being on one tip. I know that a lot of you might prefer one style over another and that is your choice, but do remember that if the scene was only doing what you like sooner or later even you will get bored. At the end of the day this is my life and I am very proud to part of the thing we all call Drum and Bass and will continue to work hard within it. To most of you out there Drum and Bass will be a important part of your lives, but for me Drum and Bass/Jungle is my life and always has been. We all have a part to play and believe me when I say I am no fucking bandwagon jumper, just a hard working Hackney man doing this thing called Drum and Bass/Jungle....Peace out!!!!
Fucking bandwagon...

http://www.dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=21991&highlight=ganja-tek

To :hype:

Do you ever regret choosing to play and produce drum and bass when you could be a lot richer and more famous playing house or electro? - provocative

Do you see yourself playing drum and bass when you're 50? (perhaps combine with Mesh)

How does your dog react to loud drum and bass?

What would you suggest for a home listening drum and bass setup?

Do you think drum and bass has become too insular ahd hermetic and do you think new producers should look for inspiration outside of the genre or inside it?

Is unpaid internet downloading killing drum & bass labels and artists?

Do you read internet forums and do you care about what is said on you?

Do you think internet forums help & encourage new artists as well as higher production values or simply serve to negate and discourage new talent?

Do you think the trainspotters ruin drum and bass for the others?

What is your favourite drum and bass memory?

What is your favourite venue to play?

If you had to pick five dnb tunes, not from your labels, that you would take to a desert island, what would they be.

If you had to pick five nondnb?

Which artist, outside of the dnb scene, not necessarily music, do you admire the most?

What would you say to upcoming producers and djs to encourage them?

Ohh and ask hype why he didn't play Bassrush 3 or 4 in Baltimore/DC in the late 90s?

I bought a ticket to this event because I wanted to see him. I can prove that I have the ticket. Can hype pay me back for the ticket? ;)

Ohh and ask hype why he didn't play Bassrush 3 or 4 in Baltimore/DC in the late 90s?

I bought a ticket to this event because I wanted to see him. I can prove that I have the ticket. Can hype pay me back for the ticket? ;)

yeah and ask him why he didnt show for a Perth gig in 96, and again in 98. I'm sure he'll remember.

I'd like to know what he thinks of the neuro/techy sound, as last time I saw him was on a bill with BSE and the contrast was stark. Was also quite fun.

also, is he aware we have a smiley in his honour.

Back
Top Bottom