Question?

NRGMC97

905 Junglists
I was just wondering how many of you DJ's out there support the use of only vinyl in your sets/mixtapes as i have grown annoyed with the fact that alot of "DJ's" nowadays are playing cd's or using serato & i've even seen a double ipod dock with a mixer in the middle which is absolutly ridiculous! It just makes me upset when my friends and i search so hard to get the vinyl's that we love and others are just downloading the newest releases........please support the use of turntables and vinyl records and i understand alot of people cant afford the equipment or records but if your gonna just spin cd's or mp3's just do it as a bedroom hobby......thanks for the feedback

Last edited:
Yeah I think having some sort of way to play digital tracks is a necessity...if not now it will be for sure in the near future but I doubt ill ever stop using vinyl as a priority.

Vinyl sounds much much better than all mp3's and all. You could be talentless as a monkey's balls and still be able to pull off a mix on a laptop, sure it's shit but you get paid either way.

Vinyl all the way for me.
I'm no where near to the standards of playing out.
But even when i am it's gunna be vinyl or GTFO.

I love being a stubborn little shit.

I stick to vinyl as much as possible out of personal preference. I had a CDJ but I never enjoyed mixing with it so I swapped it for Serato. I still buy the vinyl releases where I can.

There's no point in limiting ourselves just to vinyl though. Less and less new releases are getting pressed and the trend will only continue. Dnb is pretty much the only genre left that is clinging on so dearly, mainly because of old gits like ourselves (and the house purists, of course). Everyone else has moved on.

yeah i have no problem with using a cdj for tracks that have been sent to them and thats the only format they can use them in. it just really upsets me i go to a party or for example watch dnbtv live and a whole set runs through without the dj playing one vinyl record even if its a classic like Alien Girl they'll still play the digital version........

i use 2 vinyl decks and will continue using 2 vinyl decks until i get good enough to use a third, its nice to see that drum and bass and dubstep (mostly) are the only genres really still repping vinyl, theres nothing more annoying to me than paying to get in somewhere and seeing someone clicking around on a laptop

+1

I hate goin to clubs and seeing all these damn laptop dj's man. why should you get paid for that haha the comp is doing the dirty work.

when i say final scratch, i dont mean traktor studio dj, stanton final scratch, its like serato, but the original, with the timecoded vinyl n shit.

i just use it to play around with all my mp3's n shit. picked it up for 45 quid. alot cheaper than a cdj, didnt need to make anymore room on my table, still got the hands on feel of a record. but it's a little temperamental so i wouldnt use it to play out...... plus all my mp3's are illegal as :teeth:

vinyl only!
for now, at least untill i can afford a cdj 2000! yummy!
i dont see anything wrong with cd mixing, although ive never tried it personally!

bit narrow minded isint it?

i do agree tho, mixing from ipod to ipod is a bit odd..

but serato, cdj, vinyl is all good imo.

I was just wondering how many of you DJ's out there support the use of only vinyl in your sets/mixtapes as i have grown annoyed with the fact that alot of "DJ's" nowadays are playing cd's or using serato & i've even seen a double ipod dock with a mixer in the middle which is absolutly ridiculous! It just makes me upset when my friends and i search so hard to get the vinyl's that we love and others are just downloading the newest releases........please support the use of turntables and vinyl records and i understand alot of people cant afford the equipment or records but if your gonna just spin cd's or mp3's just do it as a bedroom hobby......thanks for the feedback

i used to be just like this man... but it's ignorant and out of touch with the times. CDJ's are here to stay, and whilst i personally prefer vinyl and only use CD for my tunes or digi-only release... you gotta admit they have there uses?

yes, they may not have that warmth of plastic and yes, finding records that are hard to get hold of is very satisfying but that is more for the hobbiest/enthusiast... not your average rave going punter!

best bet, get over it and embrace it! they are here to stay?

I DJ ON VINYL ALONE!!!

woop woop vinyl DJ for the rest of my life. Maybe something like serato when I am older. But yeah I love vinyl. I have tried mixing on CDJs and am starting to get the hang of it but I'm not buying some for myself

Last edited:
im one of the few sods left who pays for dubs to be cut. as soon as i can afford it all in one go im buying a cdj. but that is purely for my own tunes. other than that it is vinyl all the way.

im one of the few sods left who pays for dubs to be cut. as soon as i can afford it all in one go im buying a cdj. but that is purely for my own tunes. other than that it is vinyl all the way.

Youre not the only one mate.

Personally i would rather pay and get my dubs cut than burn it to a cd, so much more satisfaction involved.

Im proper against CDJ's, fuck knows why, im just a firm believer that a DJ uses vinyl, not like radio show hosts who call themselves DJ's but but just press play on a cd deck)

BUT each to there own.....

Back
Top Bottom