Question

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
Right, Im doing some research into using coach services for getting to raves, and was wondering if some of you hardcore ravers could answer some questions for me? This is the sort of thing I need to know:

- How much would you expect to pay for a coach ticket to a rave?

- Would that vary depending on distance/whos playing etc?

- How far would you be willing to travel to a rave by coach?

- Would you be willing to travel to a less-established rave/town if the price/line-up was right?

- Would you rather drive/be driven to a rave or catch a coach?

If you could answer any of the questions for me it'd be much appreciated, and if we get some positive comments - watch this space!!! :thumbsup:

- How much would you expect to pay for a coach ticket to a rave?
=========================================
£10 on top of ticket price seems fair..

- Would that vary depending on distance/whos playing etc?
=======================================
The amount should change if the distance is doubled, but not dependant on who's playing. That don't make any difference...

- How far would you be willing to travel to a rave by coach?
========================================
Depends on the coach conditions and the crowd going up. If its a nice coach (you know the ones with tables on em..) I can stay on them for ever, I have been from Portsmouth to Liverpool on one of them, they gotta have toilets as well, cos coming back from slinky, 1-2hrs can be hell without a toilet.
I have been up to the Sanctuary, Milton Keynes from Portsmouth a couple of times on a skanky coach, that was bearable but frustrating.

- Would you be willing to travel to a less-established rave/town If the price/line-up was right?
Of course, I don't travel enough to other venues - If there were coaches goin, to smaller raves (which there aren't round ere) then I would go to em dependant on the price. The only prob is it wouldn't be worth going if there was an event on in Pompey cos that would be easier to get to and less hassle.

- Would you rather drive/be driven to a rave or catch a coach?
Being driven to a rave is better - you can stop off when you want, get there quicker and put whatever tunes u want on... instead of having to listen to some geezer who reckons he don a wicked set and put it on tape for everyone to hear.
as far as drinkin and smokin up goes, coach drives are normally cushty with that... its less hassle on a coach cos u can flick ur ash all over the shop, instead of gettin digs from your mate for fuckin up his car.

HOPE THIS HELPS>>>>>>

Originally posted by V Matt
Aaaah, the joys of living in London.

Nah i didnt mean I was thinking about catching coaches to raves, were just thinking about putting on coach services for our raves round here, and was wondering what peoples thoughts were.

Obviously your in the city so you've got your choice of raves every night, would/do you ever travel out of London for raves mate?

i only go to by coach...........

portsmouth - bournemouth = slinky/cocoshebeen
portsmouth - milton keynes = helter skelter
portsmouth - milton keynes = slammin vinyl

when i go to london i get the train - m.o.s is all i been to so far.

if there were coaches going from pompey to london for events, im sure a lot of people would be up for going if the price wasn't to bad...
well i would anyways.....

thats all folks!!

Originally posted by Mulla
Nah i didnt mean I was thinking about catching coaches to raves, were just thinking about putting on coach services for our raves round here, and was wondering what peoples thoughts were.

Obviously your in the city so you've got your choice of raves every night, would/do you ever travel out of London for raves mate?
Aaah, I see. Apart from if I'm visiting a mate for the weekend somewhere I never go raving outside London. No point travelling somewhere really when I got all the nights I could want close by.

People do travel up from London for big things like Helter Skelter but that sort of thing doesn't interest me at all.

Not a bad idea though mate, if I did live somewhere where there wasn't regular nights I'd defiantely do it.

Back
Top Bottom