QUESTION?

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
Say im recording a set with mastered tracks, but I use a track in the mix that isn't mastered, What will happen?

I've always thought if people play it in their car through an amp & sub it will have really distorted bass when playing over the unmatered track and the track itself will distort.

See I want to know because someone has sent me a track that's not mastered and im thinking about having it on the mix but if its just going to distort and sound funny I will leave it out.

thanks

Normally when you "master" a track, you basically is making it louder, but without clipping. When the track isn't mastered, there are to things that came into my mind: or you'll notice a difference of volume between it and the rest of the tracks in your mix (IF the producer followed that thing of leaving headroom for mastering), or the track itself was done without this carefulness and is clipping as hell (hence the distortion).

pretty much what DarkYsidro said

if u play an unmastered tune with mastered ones it wont distort the low end or watever unless the mixdown was shit anyway

all my tunes are unmastered and the low end doesnt distort when i mix them with mastered tunes just have to up the volume a bit

pretty much what DarkYsidro said

if u play an unmastered tune with mastered ones it wont distort the low end or watever unless the mixdown was shit anyway

all my tunes are unmastered and the low end doesnt distort when i mix them with mastered tunes just have to up the volume a bit
Because you don't let the unmastered tune clip, am i rite?

Back
Top Bottom