Question on giving feedback

djmojo

Hey all,

I plan to start listening to some of the mixes on here and providing feedback, as I would certainly appreciate some return feedback on my posted mixes.

I was wondering what was considered proper as far as being honest? Do people just want to hear the good, or if there are obvious mistakes do people want those to be pointed out as well?

Just curious. Thanks!

I would say any comments that actually paid attention would be appreciated, not just 'its shit, give it up' or 'its awesome, you are a god' - if its shit then be constructive after pointing out a few negatives, if its reasonable then highlight bad but then good, if its brilliant then say so but pick a hole in something at least !?!?!

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?20174-Why-do-people-not-feedback-on-this-forum

bam....

if ya bag a mix/tune, listen up and say what ya think either way...done and dusted

dude, dont go out ya way to please anyone, u play what u like, if no one likes it then fuck em, enjoy YOUR mix, u are doin it and and u will listen back to it, absolutly no piont what so ever puttin together a mix u dont enjoy, fuk everyone else.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

and the only way u can better yourself is through critism, i am been heavily critisied bout my mixes, take it on board and soon enough u will have a trucker cap, a shit checked shirt boomin it to and load of beaned up baboons in matter...fact.

dude, dont go out ya way to please anyone, u play what u like, if no one likes it then fuck em, enjoy YOUR mix, u are doin it and and u will listen back to it, absolutly no piont what so ever puttin together a mix u dont enjoy, fuk everyone else.

I totally agree with you 100%.

But, I want to be constructive as far as rating other peeps mixes. Different people respond to criticism in different ways and I just want to make sure I follow the proper etiquette as I am pretty new here.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

[/COLOR]
and the only way u can better yourself is through critism.

Hear hear!

if u think ya mix is bad and ya gonna get a bad response, dont post it, only u know if its good enough dude, heads will look for beat matchin/sound quality/lenth (ya should look on average about 45 mins to n hour) alot of heads on here would say tune selection but that up to you, it dont think it takes a great DJ yo put a tune on, but then I dont like listenin to sets that jus full of brand new/crowd fillers/anthems that i have heard before loads....dont get me wrong, if u buzz off the beat then get it on their but dont fill it will tunes ya ya hear constantly heard on radio one. namsayin...

what i am sayin it,get ya brand new beats in, get ya crowd fillers in but a whole set of it would make me bored...yagetzmeblad?

Last edited:
if u think ya mix is bad and ya gonna get a bad response, dont post it, only u know if its good enough dude, heads will look for beat matchin/sound quality/lenth (ya should look on average about 45 mins to n hour) alot of heads on here would say tune selection but that up to you, it dont take a great DJ yo put a tune on, but then dont like listenin to sets that jus full of brand new/crowd fillers/anthems that i have heard before loads....dont get me wrong, if u buzz off the beat then get it on their but dont fill it will tunes ya ya hear constantly heard on radio one. namsayin...

Thanks for the advice man. Appreciate it. I'm not too worried about what people will say. I've been mixing a long time. I haven't spun drum & bass for a while - so if anything I might be worried about programming it correctly to what people appreciate nowadays.

Obviously, tune selection is very subjective... I am more into liquid stuff so a jump up head might not care as much for one of my mixes.

But when rating a mix, you shouldn't necessarily count the overall tune selection, cause that's just a matter of style and taste. I think people on here would prefer to be rated on technique. Like you said - beatmatching, sound quality, etc. That's just my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom