Question: Limited Edition Vinyl

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
Hello Heloo...

What is your views on small runs of limited edition vinyl releases?

For example:

Imagine your favorite style DnB on 1 x 12" Coloured vinyl & hand numbered screen printed artwork...

Would you buy? How much would you pay for it?

Feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers :D

definitely
as long as the track is in demand, but usually tracks that fit this criteria will not be a limited run.
although saying that aren't all vinyl releases limited these days.

as far as making them special such as coloured vinyl etc.. maybe its more for the collectors. personally i just want the music but the guys on discogs will probably snap them up.

^^ this.

really depends on the track to be honest, colour isn't something I'm really interested in with records, its a little bit annoying to mix if you can't see the grooves properly in my view

not sure I would pay over the odds unless it was a really decent track either.

I pay up to 10 quid i reckon. Same goes with the coloured vinyl but if a tune i want is on one id still have to buy it!

Hello Heloo...

For example:

Imagine your favorite style DnB on 1 x 12" Coloured vinyl & hand numbered screen printed artwork...

I don't really buy vinyl anymore unless I really want the tune and it's one for the collection, it's all good if I have the money to buy it, but I'm pissed off about some of the critical and modulation pieces that have been released recently because I haven't had the money to buy them :(

I paid £7 for the featherweight vip I think and that was a one sided 10.

but I wouldn't buy a track I don't like because it is a limited run. All about the music for sure. I am not gonna buy a piece just to sit in the collection to look pretty.

Hello Heloo...

For example:

Yes, maybe £1 extra.

Hello Heloo...

For example:

#

I never really understood the limited edition vinyl thing.....when i used vinyl i did'nt give a shit about weather it was a red, pink, see through ect limited edition vinyl as long i got my hand on the track......and i certainly wasnt going to pay an extra £5 because it had different art on the sleeve or the vinyl was coloured (the track still sounds the same afterall).....especially if i already had the track on white label....which by the way...sell for more than limited edition versions.....i think its ofter labels trying to get more money out of there tracks.

#

I never really understood the limited edition vinyl thing.....when i used vinyl i did'nt give a shit about weather it was a red, pink, see through ect limited edition vinyl as long i got my hand on the track......and i certainly wasnt going to pay an extra £5 because it had different art on the sleeve or the vinyl was coloured (the track still sounds the same afterall).....especially if i already had the track on white label....which by the way...sell for more than limited edition versions.....i think its ofter labels trying to get more money out of there tracks.

They might have back in the day but not anymore

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Also I think its better if there is a limited edition run along side a standard press.

Or even better, Digital Mystikz - Return II Space had some very limited picture discs mixed in with the standard presses so it literally was down to luck whether or not you got one.

I buy a vinyl for the tune, if it's good enough i'll pay extra... It is nice to have something that springs out of the collection though. METHXX001 was good with the hand stamp and one clear vinyl...

is this the "have a pop at that critical fabric release in disguise" thread?

robots-in-disguise.jpg

On a serious note, black vinyl is the best, can see the breaks easier. That white vinyl (energie Ep) was looong

i buy and sell vinyl to pay for new vinyl and i find that it is never the limited runs that make the most money. its always the qwerky wierd little releases on a label that you can sell for more. like the all thieves - stars (zero t remix) release on footprints or ASC - windchime release on inperspective or even some of the later Soul:r releases like Phil tangent - Lunar. I dont know how many were pressed of any of these but any one of those 3 is more valuable than a limited run on critical or subtitles. discogs is the proof

Nothing weird about that. Limited runs are the case of the last 3 years or so, those tunes you're on about are far older (except for that Stars Remix ofc)... Anyways I like limited runs, it's nice to have something special (rare, unique) and I have no intention to sell them.

Back
Top Bottom